The Chinese wheelbarrow

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
What intrigued me was the ones with sails.

Doesn't seem all that practical, but I guess if it is a steady wind and you're headed that way...

At the risk of starting another Star Wars versus Lord of the Rings debate............

Is it wheelbarrow or wheelbarrel?

From wiki...

A wheelbarrow is a small hand-propelled vehicle, usually with just one wheel, designed to be pushed and guided by a single person using two handles to the rear, or by a sail to push the ancient wheelbarrow by wind. The term "wheelbarrow" is made of two words: "wheel" and "barrow." "Barrow" is a derivation of the Old English "bearwe" which was a device used for carrying loads.

so what is my two wheeled wheelborrow called then...looks/operates just like the single wheeled kind just easier to move since it doesn't wobble...

so what is my two wheeled wheelborrow called then...looks/operates just like the single wheeled kind just easier to move since it doesn't wobble...
Mine has 2 wheels as well. It works better than the single-wheeled version in every way except one: walking across a steep slope.

yeah i could see that being a problem...land of the flat here so nothing steep to deal with for me

Garden carts have the wheels on the sides...mine is shaped exactly like the single wheel variety just with two wheels up front to support the weight

This is what I have:

post-2wheelbarrow.jpg

so what is my two wheeled wheelborrow called then...looks/operates just like the single wheeled except I borrowed it from my neighbor and never gave it backckind just easier to move since it doesn't wobble...
fixed it

it's more like "well-bearra" in the central texas dialect...

Last edited by a moderator:
Back