Texas PEs: Tell me about your wall certificates

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

R2KBA

True Believer
Reaction score
This is directed towards the "pre-December" Texas PEs, although anyone who happens to know about this feel free to answer. I am wondering approximately how long after the test does the board generally send out the certificates, what size they are, and if they look nice. I got an email informing me that I was licensed and a wallet card, but that's it so far.

Oh, and a guy at work who failed the SE exam offered to give me his pencil! Now my pencil can remain in my floor safe while the decoy can be out on display all the time!

Last edited by a moderator:
The certificate is 8 1/2 X 11-- has a picture of the State Capitol, 2 inch State Seal, your license number and signed by two board members. This is a real nice certificate, well worth getting framed. I got mine 11 years ago, at that time, I think that I got it when I was told that I passed the examination.

Go spend a couple of bucks and have it nicely framed, with one or two mats-- that is what I did. Really impressive on the wall with 900000 other certificates, diplomas, and other assorted plaques that one accumulates over a long and distinguished career.

I've been told that the certificates have not yet been mailed out, but that they should be sometime next week. Wallet card came about a week after the results were released. Can't wait to get my hands on that certificate though.

Seems like the paper certificate came about a month later, I guess with all this talk about getting it framed I should go and find it and hang it up...don't forget to send in your seal imprint and a photo if you have done that already...Congrats.

Back