Texas PE Results Out!

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Guys,

I am soooooooooo happy. After last time fiasco (Oct-11) I really studied hard.Finally a chapter of my life is over.

Gentlemen,

Passed!!!!!!! I am now a Professional Engineer.

Texas Board Of Professional engineer.

Mechanical systems and Materials.

Score : 91%.

PS: This was my second attempt.

Its time for a promotion and a pay raise.
Fantastic! I hope to be sharing in your glory in the near future!

Gentlemen,

Passed!!!!!!! I am now a Professional Engineer.

Texas Board Of Professional engineer.

Mechanical systems and Materials.

Score : 91%.

PS: This was my second attempt.

Its time for a promotion and a pay raise.
Fantastic! I hope to be sharing in your glory in the near future!
Best Luck Outlaw. God be with you.

BTW. I was on vacation in smoky mountains and atlanta. When I saw my results I was in Georgia aquarium. I was so excited that I started to jump in joy and trust me all people were like "who's this idiot"

With heavy heart I am sharing that I did not pass the Civil Construction :bawling: . I am terribly disappointed in myself and also feel embarrassed.

I really studied hard and was dedicated to getting my PE license. I graduated 17 years ago in '95 and had alot of cobwebs to shake off, plus I work in consulting now (my 3rd year) and there is alot of pressure to have a PE license.

This was my first time writing the PE exam and not specializing \ working in any specific area of Engineering over the years I selected "Construction" as my depth, which I felt would be a good fit for my general area of experience. As it turned out selecting this Construction depth actually hurt my score tremendously, as I got a 100% in Geotech, and 87% in Structures (only 1 wrong) and did reasonably well in the other areas in the morning session.

I was the victim of poor time management in the April 2012 exam, and had to end up guessing the last 4-5 questions in both the am and pm sessions, by actually working these questions correctly I might have actually passed. Even thought everyone warmed me to watch the clock and the 4 hours whizzz by, I still fell victim to poor time management and upset with myself as a result.

So back to the drawing board and time to re-think what depth might be best suited to me as well as monitoring my time much closer and spending some time studying.

Congratulations to all those who passed!

Best wishes to all.

Passed in Power (76). Appreciate this web site, all the information I got from here.

I passed with Geotech, score:79. I was getting ready for Oct strategy before the result was out.

It was my first time....man, I've never been so stretched-out in my life.

I graduated in 1990. This is the craziest exam. of all in my life. But I nailed it down in total 59 days of studies. Group studies, quiet room studies in public libraries, helps me a lot.

I owe to all folks of this web site for their invaluable wisdom, and testmasters prep course in Houston which help tremendously to my success.

Congratulations to all of you. If you didn't pass this time, please don't get dishearten. This is more of a game than what you know or what you don't know!

I will share my 'lessons learned' in few days.

I passed with Geotech, score:79. I was getting ready for Oct strategy before the result was out.

It was my first time....man, I've never been so stretched-out in my life.

I graduated in 1990. This is the craziest exam. of all in my life. But I nailed it down in total 59 days of studies. Group studies, quiet room studies in public libraries, helps me a lot.

I owe to all folks of this web site for their invaluable wisdom, and testmasters prep course in Houston which help tremendously to my success.

Congratulations to all of you. If you didn't pass this time, please don't get dishearten. This is more of a game than what you know or what you don't know!

I will share my 'lessons learned' in few days.
Congrats Pranesh. I look forward to reading your lessons learned.

Passed Water Resources with an 89%, it was my first time taking the exam. The exam was very difficult, I can definitely see how intelligent, competent engineers can have a lot of trouble passing. My studying was pretty simple:

• Work all of the problems (including other disciplines) in the last 3 NCEES example problems booklets, twice.
  • Resources:
    2011 CERM
  • Goswami's All-In-One PE Exam Guide
  • Cameron Hydraulic Data

I got my certificate in the mail yesterday and my pocket card today. Check your mailboxes!

Passed Water Resources with an 89%, it was my first time taking the exam. The exam was very difficult, I can definitely see how intelligent, competent engineers can have a lot of trouble passing. My studying was pretty simple:

• Work all of the problems (including other disciplines) in the last 3 NCEES example problems booklets, twice.
  • Resources:
    2011 CERM
  • Goswami's All-In-One PE Exam Guide
  • Cameron Hydraulic Data
I took water resources also, the major references I used were:

• CERM
  • NCEES practice exams
  • Wastewater book by Metcalf and Eddy (I noticed that the alot of the practice exam solutions referenced this book so I found a copy from a coworker a day before the exam. I got 3 or 4 answers straight out of this book)
  • FE reference manual (equations and graphs)
  • My college transpo, geotech, economic analysis, hydrology, hydraulics and fluids books
  • Old copy of Cameron Hydraulic Data

Just a bump...

Texas examinees can post here when the results are out. Or create a new thread for waiting, whatever...

Back