Texas PE- Post PE Exam

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Congrats! How long did it take from when everything turned green on the TBPE website before everything was finalized and released?
Due to December holidays and several applications received by TBPE, administrative review took 38 days from the date I submitted application. Technical review was just 2 days.

Due to December holidays and several applications received by TBPE, administrative review took 38 days from the date I submitted application. Technical review was just 2 days.
I must have found a sweet spot - moved through administrative pretty quickly. Hoping to hear back on the technical by the end of the week, I guess...

I must have found a sweet spot - moved through administrative pretty quickly. Hoping to hear back on the technical by the end of the week, I guess...
Yeah, wow. You guys were all right. Only took two days. Whole process basically took three weeks from asking for finalizing SER and submitting to licensure.

Hey all,

Hope you can help me with a couple questions.  First off how long were you SER's? Do you fill out a new form for each engagement? If some of your engagements were for a short duration (6 months to 1 year) is it acceptable for that SER to be 1-2 pages? My other engagement was for essentially 3.5 years and I can write a book on stuff I worked on.

I'm a few steps behind everyone else on here.

Hey all,

Hope you can help me with a couple questions.  First off how long were you SER's? Do you fill out a new form for each engagement? If some of your engagements were for a short duration (6 months to 1 year) is it acceptable for that SER to be 1-2 pages? My other engagement was for essentially 3.5 years and I can write a book on stuff I worked on.

My SER was only four pages (in the exact same font and size as the TBPE online form). I had one engagement - because i've only been with one company - but I just used a couple of dashes to separate each individual project.

I do think each engagement - which i believe is each new company or customer or whatever - you should start a new page.

My SER was only four pages (in the exact same font and size as the TBPE online form). I had one engagement - because i've only been with one company - but I just used a couple of dashes to separate each individual project.

I do think each engagement - which i believe is each new company or customer or whatever - you should start a new page.
Perfect, that helps clear things up for me.  Thanks for the response!

Hey all,

My SER was a whopping 3 pages. I’ve only ever worked at one place and I don’t do design, so I just kind of summarized what I do at work and typical projects I would review. I really don’t think they are too particular as long as you have your recommendations and that your job sounds engineering related

My SER was a whopping 3 pages. I’ve only ever worked at one place and I don’t do design, so I just kind of summarized what I do at work and typical projects I would review. I really don’t think they are too particular as long as you have your recommendations and that your job sounds engineering related
Has your application been fully approved?

Has your application been fully approved?
Yes, I submitted everything  around December 20th and got my license number on January 17th.

I work for a local government permitting office, so I review about 30-40 different projects per week. So for my SER, I did a brief summary of what I review for in all projects and any other responsibilities I have. Then I broke down the types of projects I review and provide a little more detail in what I look for in them. Then I listed some of the names of the projects I had reviewed. It kind of seems like they don't look at it in too much detail. The technical reviewer said there was only one administrative reviewer at the time, so I am sure they look for the bare minimum. I just made sure to use words like analyze, calculate and recommend.

Hopefully that helps!

Last edited by a moderator:
Yes, I submitted everything  around December 20th and got my license number on January 17th.

I work for a local government permitting office, so I review about 30-40 different projects per week. So for my SER, I did a brief summary of what I review for in all projects and any other responsibilities I have. Then I broke down the types of projects I review and provide a little more detail in what I look for in them. Then I listed some of the names of the projects I had reviewed. It kind of seems like they don't look at it in too much detail. The technical reviewer said there was only one administrative reviewer at the time, so I am sure they look for the bare minimum. I just made sure to use words like analyze, calculate and recommend.

Hopefully that helps!
This helps big time. Thank you so much!

@GeoDude I basically went through almost a similar process as @Rebeccah623. Not a lot of different things on my SER, just a solid account of what I've worked on over the past few years.

Submittal all the way to licence was about three weeks.
Thank you for this. Hoping to get everything finished up and sent out to my reviewers this week!

Quick question for everybody. Wondering if your application while in administrative review said the same as mine regarding application form. It is marked completed (green) as i submitted my application form online but says "application form (no exams)" What does the no exams mean?

After everything turned green and marked complete on administrative review, how long did it take to go to technical review? 

Thank you! Since the CE is waived for the first renewal I haven't started worrying about that yet. After January 1 I will be... Now I'm thinking, what's next? Online Masters?
It sounds like you can carry over up to 14 hours (the ethics 1 hour is the only one you cant) - so I've even thought about trying to knock out 4 or 5 this year while I can...

Back