Surveying Calculator

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
What calculator are you using or did you use for the CA surveying exam? I recently heard there are programs for the HP available. I am trying to decide whether to invest in a new calculator or continue with my TI???

What calculator are you using or did you use for the CA surveying exam? I recently heard there are programs for the HP available. I am trying to decide whether to invest in a new calculator or continue with my TI???
I am in the same boat,,let me know what did you found out?

I am in the same boat,,let me know what did you found out?

I used the same calculator (TI-30) as the 8-hour exam and passed the first time. You have 3 minutes on average to answer each question so a different calculator may not be as beneficial to pass if you haven't mastered its functions. My only complaint on my calculator was entering DMS values, but I know that another calculator wouldn't have saved me any significant time.

No one I know who's passed the survey exam can say their calculator (if different from the PE exam) was the reason for their exam success. If you don't know how to answer the question immediately after reading, it won't matter what calculator you have.

Good luck!

I would agree and say you should use the calculator you are most comfortable with. I used a TI-89 and passed.

Latest posts

Back