Superbowl commercials

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Only one I saw was the Coca Cola ad, and it was a big "WTF" from me.

The Heinz commercial was just people hitting the bottom of the bottle, then an old lady with a squeezable bottle making noises....
Goes to show you how effective that commercial was then. It was one of the few I actually did see but I totally forgot about it until you described it.

My first thought on coca cola I thought it was coke's normal sales pitch that they bring coke to the world, as in they bring some of America to the world..

I was okay with the commercial but though that America the Beautiful should have been sung in English...

Apparently the Scientology one only ran in "urban" markets

>http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5k0JEc0arOQ

THe coke commercial confused me from a marketing standpoint....other than trying to create controversy. I first thought what RG did...coke is sold around the world so what. Then I noticed the song was like WTF?? I was still under the impression it was an around the world thing and wondered why other countries would be singing America the beautiful. The whole immigrant communities singing about america the beautiful didn't cross my mind....

I have had Coca-Cola stock for 20+ years now and all of their corporate focus is on selling overseas... Every anual report features some country other than the US. Although basically thats there only new market so as a shareholder I need them to do what makes money.. dont want to work forever..

Was at a neighbors house for the game. Enough people were there to make it seem like the TV was on mute. Didn't really see many of the commercials, and I let the party sometime in the 3rd quarter and watched Pacific Rim with my kids at home.

The only commercials that I remember were the Doritos time machine, the Trailer for the new Transformers movie, and I vaguely remember seeing the yellow M&M in the trunk of a car...

We were playing bingo with cards from 5280, a Denver magazine. One of the boxes said, "Tim Tebow- Clear entire card." I don't even know what his commercial was for, because the cursing in the room was so loud.

We were playing bingo with cards from 5280, a Denver magazine. One of the boxes said, "Tim Tebow- Clear entire card." I don't even know what his commercial was for, because the cursing in the room was so loud.
tmobile...there must have been a lot of cursing since he had several spots

^Cerberus had them after Mercedes, but who had them next? I don't recall....

tmobile...there must have been a lot of cursing since he had several spots

I bet that happened everywhere. Haters will always hate.

Back