Super Dumb Records Question

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

smahurin

Reaction score
I have my PE (and have also passed both SE days).  I just applied for and was granted my NCEES record recently.  I meet the SE Model Law requirements and was going to apply for that... and just realized that as far as I know I was never granted the model law PE designation.  I know its really not that important, but does this designation show up anywhere when you log into your NCEES record?  I can see my MLSE application is started on my "special designations", but nothing else is listed.   According to the NCEES if you meet the requirements of the MLE when you apply (I did) you will be granted this designation automatically.  Just curious if I'm not looking in the right spot or if they just don't list that item anywhere?

If you have an NCEES Record, you do have a MLE. 

If you print off your certificate, it simply states that you meet the requirements of MLE.

I did the MLSE "add on" myself many years back. I honestly don't know if it is worth it or not. When you are finally licensed in the western states you kinda start thinking that it is just a money grab. 

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks, ya I called and they said I was a "MLE".  When I print my certificate it doesn't show anything, just says I have an engineering record and am licensed by a jurisdiction.  Anyways, ya I hadn't put much thought into it, but you're probably right... I'm not sure what the MLSE actually does for anyone after thinking about it more?

If you have a record, you are automatically a MLE?

That's what I was thinking, but there are some foreign degrees or non abet degrees I guess that wouldn't be MLE and the states would have to decide if they have enough gen eds to qualify.

Back