Subjects on exam that are not necessarily in the NCEES specifications

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
For those who have taken the PE, please add any topics that you might feel potential test takers should study as well (I realize that it would be unethical to describe actual problems from the prior PE Exams, so a generic description would be appreciated!). A couple that come to mind that I have heard discussions on:

1) Ferroresonance

2) Number of interrupting devices required in a Ring Bus to isolate fault (good point to study the different types of Distribution Bus Systems).

I will be taking the exam this April and it would be nice to get as much information within my resources as possible!

Good topic. It owuld be helpful to know what topics to avoid as well. For example I see DC motors and generators on the popular textbooks but it's not on the syllabus. Can anybody comment if it is part of the test?

Can somebody tell us if DC motors were part of the test?

Anybody that took the PE Power test?

basically the questions they ask are the same for dc and ac...so if you study very well ac you dont need to cover dc

Yes, DC motors are on the list, therefore, they are on the test.

Latest posts

Back