Stupid - cost myself money thread

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
you can run 31's with a 2" body lift (or I could on the YJ)

When I bought the Jeep it had a 2 inch body lift and 31's ( I personally dont like Body lifts though)

but thats what sucks the lift kit cost me about a grand for the parts (I had to remove the body lift and install the suspension lift with help from some friends) it would have been $2K to get someplace like "4 Wheel parts" to do it, and they were about the cheapest I could find.

so I was driving around for about 2 months with bald 31's and a 4 IN suspension lift waiting on some more money for the 33's.

YJ's dont have front suspension coils so the lift kit went on pretty smooth, but I think it becomes a little more difficult to do it yourself if you have a TJ or newer wrangler.

Its got 30X9.50's stock and I've got a buddy who put 31X10.50's on his and it rubs If he cuts them all the way and is going steep downhill. I think I can live with that. I just don't want to lift it until it is no longer a daily driver.

Back