Study: 3/10 teens can't get laid

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Supe

Reaction score
Sex Study: More teens, young adults are virgins

After seeing this as the top story on the USA Today page, I can't help but feel as though these statistics are a complete load of BS.

I for one know what I was doing when I was 15, even as one of the nerdier, quieter kids, and that was in an era predominantly before all the scantily clad pop icons, reality TV glorifying teen pregnancy, etc. While the statistics are up only slightly, I find it hard to believe that the scales are tipping in favor of morality and conservatism in a society that routinely plasters the word "Juicy" across the asses of middle school girls' sweatpants.

Comments?

Well considering kids today spend more time texting than actually talking to one another, this isn't surprising.

After seeing this as the top story on the USA Today page, I can't help but feel as though these statistics are a complete load of BS.

I for one know what I was doing when I was 15, even as one of the nerdier, quieter kids, and that was in an era predominantly before all the scantily clad pop icons, reality TV glorifying teen pregnancy, etc. While the statistics are up only slightly, I find it hard to believe that the scales are tipping in favor of morality and conservatism in a society that routinely plasters the word "Juicy" across the asses of middle school girls' sweatpants.

Comments?
I am suprised it is not higher.

I don't think it has anything to do with morality though...more to do with disease, babies and complete lack of social skills due to technology.

16 and pregnant is one of my wifes favorite shows.

Last edited by a moderator:
I think some boys are actually getting nerdier than the past! Computer and video games are keeping the nerds from getting some from the "Juicy" girls.

I think some boys are actually getting nerdier than the past! Computer and video games are keeping the nerds from getting some from the "Juicy" girls.
You may be onto something here. The more guys focus on technology (iphones, games, computers, etc) over the last decade or so, the girls are forced to dress more and more "noticable" and it seems like the technology is winning because the girls are focusing on tech too...

It is my gf as well. I don't like it but I appreciate the fact that it shows the entirety of parenting not just cute babies.

Comments?
I am suprised it is not higher.

I don't think it has anything to do with morality though...more to do with disease, babies and complete lack of social skills due to technology.

16 and pregnant is one of my wifes favorite shows.

It was a pop culture/sports reference. One of BYU's top basketball players just got kicked off the team for violating the Honor Code by having premarital sex.

Confucius say, man who stands on toilet is high on pot.

Confucius say "Man with hand in pocket feel cocky all day."

Back