Speak a second language?

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

snickerd3

Taking suggestions
Reaction score
I decided to spend my hour commutes learning Spanish. Borrowed an audio learning program from the library. I think it is going to be more annoying than i thought because I find myself answering in French instead of the Spanish they are trying to teach. I took 4yrs of French in HS.

Just curious how multi-lingual people are.

short of the German that I learned in HS and a semester in college in 1999, nada here.

I speak two languages...

...English and American. :D

You may laugh but my wife didn't find it amusing when we went to England and she couldn't understand half of what people were saying to her. ;)

Last edited by a moderator:
English, 6 years of Spanish, and enough Mandarin to get myself in trouble. :)

Last edited by a moderator:
I can speak Spanish on a conversational level, but not well enough to be completely fluent. If I could spend a month or two in Peru with my wife's family then I would be fluent, but every time we go my parents end up going and causing me to speak English most of the time.

Snick - what program are you listening to? Pimsleur?

Yes it is pimsleur program. The library also owns a lonely planet program but it was already checked out.

I honestly wanted to learn polish but the library doesn't have it and I don't want to spend $ on it.

4 yrs of HS French, some Spanish, and had to teach myself some Mandarin in order to create a programming interface for some operators at the nuke plant in Taipei, Taiwan.

4 yrs of HS French, some Spanish, and had to teach myself some Mandarin in order to create a programming interface for some operators at the nuke plant in Taipei, Taiwan.
does binary count as an official language?

Que pasó. Alguien me llamó?

I can speak, Spanish, English, and doggie (to communicate with my Shih Tzu)/ Also have learned some Italian from my daughter but just a couple of phrases here and there.

Que pasó. Alguien me llamó?

No vi la señal de murciélago.

Leo espanol, pero poco a poco.

Tambien, hablo espanol, pero poco a poco.

Enough to get me in trouble. I used to be better, but I stopped working retail when I graduated from college.

I speak Italian thanks to my imported wife. We try to speak exclusively Italian at home so that our son benefits from "living the language".

Anyone looking to learn a language should consider https://www.duolingo.com/.

Back