Some reassurance help

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

maximus808

Reaction score
Hey guys, Hawaii is probably one of the last states to send their results but I think my mind is playing tricks on me ;) When I left the exam in October 2010 I felt very confident in fact over joyed of how I performed. In my mind I couldn't have done better. I was comparing this "feeling" with my April 2010 exam feeling (which was not good at all....I felt that if I passed it would definitely be very close.) However, as time goes by, I tend to forget how the exam went and start doubting myself if I did enough to pass. I scored a 52/80 last exam and knew I was close. I just hope the "feeling" after the exam is right and I can rejoice with everyone on the forums. I don't know how many "trick" questions the NCEES puts out there but I really believe I had to flat out guess 6-8 questions total. Maybe 5 more were questionable educated guesses that resulted in A,B,C or D. But beyond 13, I felt strongly that I got it. Of course you have to account for those questions you might miss by trickery or what to be unsure of about 13 is good right? Last April, I swear I was questioning myself of about 23-25 questions. And my diagnostic report represented exactly what I felt. Sorry for the long post but this is just my way of relieving the built up stress that's inevitable until the results are in. Thanks for listening guys. And would love to hear some "reassurance" hehe.

I have to say that I feel the exact same way. I took it in April and knew I didn't pass it when leaving. There was no chance, I was prepared to fail. This time I had that same confidence you had, but this past week has been rough....I just need to know! After 9 weeks, it is hard to stay calm and still have that confidence...but hopefully today is the day! Good Luck to you.

SapperPE said:
I certainly experienced the same thing after leaving the exam. I felt really good the first time, but began doubting it as time went on, then found out I failed.
The second time, I didn't feel as good when I left, then felt really bad as time went on, but ultimately found out I passed.

I think you should go with your gut, if you think you passed when you left the exam, stick with that in your mind, you very probably did... hopefully.
I keep trying to tell myself I failed. My gut says otherwise.

SapperPE said:
I certainly experienced the same thing after leaving the exam. I felt really good the first time, but began doubting it as time went on, then found out I failed.
The second time, I didn't feel as good when I left, then felt really bad as time went on, but ultimately found out I passed.

I think you should go with your gut, if you think you passed when you left the exam, stick with that in your mind, you very probably did... hopefully.
I keep trying to tell myself I failed. My gut says otherwise.
I do the same feeling as all of you, guys. After my first try in Oct 09 I was confident that I passed and exam wasn't hard at all. Well, I was wrong! This time, i estimated my work careful, marked all the questions I wasn't sure or didn't know. Overall I had 24 guesses/do not know answers. That's mean, that to pass, all of 56"correct" answers should be correct or few guesses should be right. Time will show. I prepare myself to fail result, but the same as all of us i hope that I passed. I study so hard past year, spend average 2 hrs a day 8mo's, 7 days a week. (i spend more hours a day, but if include vacations, holidays and some personal time, would be probably close to average 2 hrs). by October I was exhausted. Good luck to all of us. We did all we could at this time. Hold on, few more days

If I fail yet again I think I will cry. I don't know what to do differently anymore to pass!

You don't know the results until you see it officially. I know many people who have had incorrect "feelings" after taking the test.

BUT, if you didn't pass, TAKE IT AGAIN. I passed on my 4th attempt. Don't get worked up about it until you have results, but if you do it again, we're here for you. I hope you passed, but if you didn't, I'll be cheering for you next time!

Thank you everyone! This forum is awesome. It has helped me get through this crazy journey we engineers have to go through. I called our board last week and they said to expect the results end of this week. I have my fingers crossed. Thanks for they reassurance guys. The waiting period is just as brutal as the studying period hehe.

Go with your gut feeling coming out of the exam! Mine was very positive and dead on... I passed. A friend of mine felt horrible after... He failed.

I have to say that I feel the exact same way. I took it in April and knew I didn't pass it when leaving. There was no chance, I was prepared to fail. This time I had that same confidence you had, but this past week has been rough....I just need to know! After 9 weeks, it is hard to stay calm and still have that confidence...but hopefully today is the day! Good Luck to you.
So my gut was right this time thankfully! It was so hard to stay positive, but today was the best feeling ever. Good Luck to you all!

My gut feel was that I did ok ... not a slam dunk ... but I thought I was in the running ... then I turned it into a game.

I told my self, stop fretting over this and checking your email a zillion times a day. After ignoring my email for almost all of the day ... bang it was there.

Stay positive and hang in there.

You don't know the results until you see it officially. I know many people who have had incorrect "feelings" after taking the test.
BUT, if you didn't pass, TAKE IT AGAIN. I passed on my 4th attempt. Don't get worked up about it until you have results, but if you do it again, we're here for you. I hope you passed, but if you didn't, I'll be cheering for you next time!
I have failed surveying again. I have been crying since yesterday. I am totally broken..

I am on the same boat as you and am waiting for the mail. Hang in there. You are just a step away from it. Finish your mourning and pick up the books and make this the last. I looked into taking a survey class at the local CC. You can do it and we will all be celebrating with you when you do...

this is how i am going to approach my letter tomorrow.

I have failed surveying again. I have been crying since yesterday. I am totally broken..

Back