So, who else has got the week off this week?

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Things have gone well for the first dozen or so page of instructions
That, sir, will get your Man Card revoked if you're not careful. What's next...stopping to ask for directions?!?!

We actually get Christmas day off here, but then it's back to 10 hour days after that. In fact yesterday was a 12 hour day...they were doing a road crossing last night. Fortunately I leave on my next R&R on Thursday so I'll be home on Friday for 15 days.

10's this week, left out yesterday after 9.5 since the site was dead and I had less than nothing to do. The worst part about this 4 day work week, is knowing that I now have to go three solid months without a day off until Easter hits.

Things have gone well for the first dozen or so page of instructions
That, sir, will get your Man Card revoked if you're not careful. What's next...stopping to ask for directions?!?!

We actually get Christmas day off here, but then it's back to 10 hour days after that. In fact yesterday was a 12 hour day...they were doing a road crossing last night. Fortunately I leave on my next R&R on Thursday so I'll be home on Friday for 15 days.
w00t! Enjoy your time back. You've earned it.

I took 2 vacation days 1 floating holiday, and 1 regular holiday to be off from 12/21 until today. I'll be here the rest of the week, then I get 1 floating holiday in January. We got the 2 extra floating holidays since both Xmas and New Years fell on Saturdays this year.

I'm debating on whether I should go to Indianapolis for a New Years party this Friday. I never have gotten into celebrating the New Year.

I get Friday off. My mom leaves on Thursday, and I'll probably drive her to the airport , and then try to take the afternoon off. I love having family here for the holidays, but I'm ready for them to go home so that we can get back to a normal pace of life.

I'm still off. Been off since last Wednesday. Doing the rare appearance on EB since I'm too busy vegging on the couch. La la la.

Snow day yesterday... work today (early closing) and work tomorrow... have to burn an unused vacation day on Thursday (use it or lose it); off on Friday....

I'm working this week... if you call it that. Just boring busy work and re-freshing this site and the NCEES site for the PE results

Snow day totally shot my plans... I was going to work two half days and two full days... the workload and deadlines don't change, even though I have less time in the office (hence, I am at my dining room table with a set of plans unrolled for the evening).

Short week for me... Took Monday off, late to work on Tuesday, and they're letting us go at noon today for the holiday weekend. And I got my PE exam results yesterday (I passed!), so no waiting on that! Life is good...

The Sky Fort is coming along... the monkey bar and swing sides are "up", but the crow's nest isn't finished yet. Crow's nest is pretty much the last part left to do. I'm running out of hardware, so hopefully I'll have enough to finish without having to make another trip to the store. I had to go to the store again today, the baggie labeled 6 1/2" x 3/8" bolt really contained a 5 3/4" x 3/8" bolt. The 3/4" difference was enough to make the bolt not work at all in the location where it was needed, and the whole kit only required one 6 1/2" bolt... so there were no extras. Had to make due with a 7" bolt from the store, with a spacer. A $2 run that took me 30 minutes, arrgh (I live in the country, so I have to "go to town").

very nice!

Is that the previous sky fort in the background? You could merge the two together with a bridge of some sort???

^^ you might be about to find a PE for that

that thing looks awesome too bad it'd take up most of my backyard!

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks guys. Yeah, I plan to refurb the old playset a bit for future fort wars. Son has a ton of Nerf guns, I figure he'll have some fun this spring with a dual fort setup.

I'm 6' tall and can stand up straight - with a foot of headroom - inside the main playhouse. The Crow's Nest has a good view of most of our neighborhood. Overall, it stands around 12 ft tall.

One advantage over our old playset is the separate swing and monkey bars. Our old playset had a combination swing set / monkey bar setup. Well, one kid would always want to do the monkey bars, while another is swinging... and that never worked out well. This way, they're split up. Ahh, no more fighting over that part. :)

Your kids are lucky.

Personally, I like the red Man Fort in the background.

Your kids are lucky.
Personally, I like the red Man Fort in the background.
Indeed, that's the one I like as well. 30x30 with a 20x30 shed area. That's pretty much the reason we bought the house. :) The rule was, wifey gets the garage, I get the shop. She gets no space in my shop. I get 1 parking spot in her garage. It's worked out well for us. ;)

Last edited by a moderator:
Back