so who else got a Linked in, your special email today?

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
5%er here as well based on an e-mail from yesterday. Of course, they're always recruiters.

I got the email yesterday also ...

You have one of the top 5% most viewed LinkedIn profiles for 2012.
LinkedIn now has 200 million members. Thanks for
playing a unique part in our community!

Nevermind, I got one too. I didn't see it because yahoo automatically filtered it out as spam along with the 3 other versions of the same email...

I didn't get one. I feel like Charlie Brown on Halloween.

*goes to search own name on linkedin.com*

Did they also ask you to buy a copy of the "Who's who among Linked-in memebers" book?

Thanks to VT and slugger for viewing my linkedin profile. I think I would have been reduced to 0 views in the last however many days without their generocity...I really need to beef up that page and add a resume but that would require me to work on my resume. I guess I'll task it to myself when we go on strike since I'll have nothnig else to do

I honestly don't remember when I even looked at my own linked-in profile, let alone someone elses...

I dont see the true point in linkend in to be honest with you (or havent used it) but since I started a job search I tried to expand on it a little..

maybe it works better for other careers than ours..

I updated mine yesterday due to getting my SE license approved and it stated that I've had a whopping 5 views in the past 90 days. I know that doesn't put me in any of the upper echelon percentage brackets...

I dont see the true point in linkend in to be honest with you (or havent used it) but since I started a job search I tried to expand on it a little..

maybe it works better for other careers than ours..
^ +1

I think it may depend on the territory really. I know a lot of times when we are searching to fill engineering positions, we go to LinkedIn first rather than making an ad and waiting for resumes to come in. I think LI is a great resource that allows quick & easy communication and also lets you put much more information about yourself and past projects. You can also get some good recommendations from others you've worked with and have that info posted right to your profile. Which saves time trying to track down that information by other means. I probably sound like I work in marketing for LI but my experiences with it have all been positive.

I used to just have a very plain page for my profile. I've now updated and tailored it pretty nicely complete with a professional picture. After doing that, I get daily emails with engineering job opportunities. Probably at least 3-4 phone calls too. It's not a bad thing to have nicely developed LI page IMO.

Back