So after finally receiving my wall certificate after waiting a month..

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hjg7715

Reaction score
I come home to find that my postal lady folded it in half and placed it in my mailbox and it now has a permanent crease it in!  :(

That sucks, and what's worse is you really can't do anything about it because if you complain she'll just take any other important mail and throw it in the trashcan

Put it on a good sold flat surface, cover it with a dish towel, hit it with a steam iron, and see if the crease goes away.

That sucks, and what's worse is you really can't do anything about it because if you complain she'll just take any other important mail and throw it in the trashcan
She sucks and I've complained multiple times, along with several of my neighbors!! I have a rural mail carrier and she's just lazy and doesn't seem to follow the standards of the postal service. I've had packages extruding a foot or more out the mailbox and packages that couldn't fit inside the mailbox attached to side of mailbox with rubber bands.

Put it on a good sold flat surface, cover it with a dish towel, hit it with a steam iron, and see if the crease goes away.
Actually, I did EXACTLY that last night and then put it between two new pieces of cardboard and placed it under a television. I'll check to see if that worked later today.

I come home to find that my postal lady folded it in half and placed it in my mailbox and it now has a permanent crease it in!  :(
Bummer.  You can probably purchase another one for your state board.  But then you run the risk of your mailwoman folding it again.  :/

Bummer.  You can probably purchase another one for your state board.  But then you run the risk of your mailwoman folding it again.  :/
I was thinking this too, however, perhaps you could have it sent to work instead of home so it arrives un-tampered with the other business-type mail.

You should meet the mail person at the box one day and show off your cert. When they ask why it has a crease you just stare at them until they figure it out.

That sux.  Can you order a new one and pick it up yourself?  Assuming the board's office is within driving distance. 

It's unbelievable how much mail carriers can get away with, even the contract ones.

I've had a few important things mailed to my address in the states (haven't received the PE certificate yet though) and he always fold them even when they say 'DO NOT FOLD' 'DO NOT BEND' etc or he just doesn't deliver them at all. I requested a new degree as part of the PE since they wanted a copy. He bent it of course. He routinely misplaces everyday mail (can't have anything posted on his route or your run the risk of it not getting there) and can't trust him to deliver bills if you don't epay everything like me. He won't put packages in the door but shoves them in the mailbox or leaves them next to the mailbox. He's 'lost' or 'misdelivered' a number of high value items and has actual told the postmaster he delivered laptops etc to the wrong address and the postmaster has come after the people at their homes for the missing packages and accuses them! crazy. A few of the people were a bit shocked but a neighbor told the postmaster what he really thought....just a sick joke. Everything the government or quasi governmental agencies touch somehow turns bad...you have your good people and then you have all the bad people that are completely protected.

I'm in the states for the holidays and a few days ago I did exactly what someone else mentioned here; I waited for him to come and let him have it starting with my bent degree. Told him what I thought and told him even though I'm not here 11 out of 12 months of the year it's going way beyond the postmaster next time he messes up my mail. It seemed like the point was received. Bunch of pushovers on my route that let him get away with whatever he wants.

You'd like to be able to chew your mailman out but then you remember most all of them are :

Latest posts

Back