Six Minute Solutions

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ktulu

Reaction score
For those that utilized the 6-minute solutions for WR/ENV depth, how adequate do you think they prepared you for the PM session for the exam? Did you feel like you were comfortable with the exam questions after working these 80 problems?

I am about to tackle these problems in the next week, and was just wondering how much of a barometer these problems were going to be to my level of preparedness for the exam. I have scanned them, and they represent a wide variety of problems and situations.

Thanks in advance.

ktulu

I focused almost exclusively on those practice problems, and I thought they were a lot harder than the ones I actually encountered on the exam back in April. I also did some AM practice problems from the other depth books, and they were good prep too. Overall, I'd highly recommend them. At least in my case, the books were worth their weight in gold.

For each problem, I made a photocopy of the problem statement, cut it out, and taped it to a blank sheet of paper. After working out the problem on scratch paper, I copied a neat version of the solution under the problem statement. When I was in the exam and saw a problem similar to a practice problem I remembered, I just flipped to it and had an outline of how to reach the solution. It was very handy and helped me recognize patterns in the types of problems for each subject.

Preparing for the exam is easy once you find the material. Look no further, if you have purchased the six minute solutions you are evidently smart and on your way. Trust me, don't waste any more time gathering info and books. Buy the CERM and the 6 min soln's and rest easy. You will pass. Now you just have to Work the six minute solutions inside and out. After a while, you will begin to feel you brain has been wired into their approach. Once you achieve this mind set, you can't lose. So give them the money and get on board. Once you pass the exam, through it all out the window. It's up to you, are you going to pass?

Spend a little money, these older ones burned out long ago, they will appreciate your support. Who know's you might profit from the next bunch in a few years. After all, it's just a game of wealth distribution. Pay up, and yours may come $$.

For those that utilized the 6-minute solutions for WR/ENV depth, how adequate do you think they prepared you for the PM session for the exam? Did you feel like you were comfortable with the exam questions after working these 80 problems?
I am about to tackle these problems in the next week, and was just wondering how much of a barometer these problems were going to be to my level of preparedness for the exam. I have scanned them, and they represent a wide variety of problems and situations.

Thanks in advance.

ktulu
I also recommend using it. But don't hang up on it too much. The questions are deliberately, at least that's how I felt, designed to take more time than what you need in the exam. There are paramteres and formulas that you have to assume to get through a question. I guess that helps as a learning tool. But on the real exam you will get those info in the question, there is really nothing that much time consuming like the 6-minutes.

I agree. They're too long but if you can do them you'll be fine. If they took too long I just skipped them or looked over the solution. I really felt that there were a LOT of dissolved oxygen questions on the exam and not many to study. I would HIGHLY recommend doing EVERY one of those you can find. Might have been a fluke but there were a LOT. I, obviously, am not good at those, and waded through but ack! Just remember, there are lookup questions on the real exam and there arent on the practice so don't get discouraged that they take a long time. It evens out.

Back