Short term Jobs

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ruggercsc

I was once fast and scrappy, then lost my s's
EB Supporting Member
Reaction score
What is the shortest term job you have had and did you include it on your resume, NCEES record, LinkedIn, etc.? I just had one for 5.5 weeks and with no gaps in my resume I plan to basically ignore it.

Last edited:
What is the shortest term job you have had and did you include it on your resume, NCEES record, LinkedIn, etc.? I just had one for 5.5 weeks and will no gaps in my resume so i plan to basically ignore it.
5 months, ignored it on resume, I think I have it on my linked in, but it was November to March, so it looks longer. \

As far as NCEES record, because I work in the construction field I had ~5 jobs (including the one I refer to above) where I included it on my resume/employer listing but did not have any time verified. Most of those were not verified because the company did not have a PE or they did and I didn't want to chase the person down. The way I read it- once you have 4 verified years, you are good to go.

When I was in college, I worked in the construction industry as a laborer for my father's company a few weeks in the summers in between college and my regular summer job. I do have it listed on my resume for the one month that I did work junior year when I tried to get a summer internship. I wound up not getting an internship that year but found a job working as an EMT for the rest of the summer.

I had a job for about 2 years that I don't list on my resume or anywhere else. Was for a defense contractor. Luckily I was still "employed" in the family business, so I use that to cover the 2 years. But that's not the shortest job I've had, that record will go to my current job when I give my 2 weeks next week! Will be 6 months in this current position.

Latest posts

Back