SE II Results

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Has anyone in South Carolina heard anything on the SE II? I'm starting to wonder if I didn't accidently toss out the e-mail (I get so much junk mail it's unreal).

MN results in the mail today.....

I PASSED I PASSED I PASSED!!!!! Thank goodness, do not have to study for this again!

Good luck and congrats to the rest!

Arkansas structural II results arrived today...at lunch...at work......I passed, first time, praise the Lord!!!!!!!!!!!

:party-smiley-048:

:multiplespotting:

SC results are out!! I passed!! Email came from LLR.
I passed! I passed! I passed! I cannot believe this! All I've thought of since that day is everything I did wrong (rather than what went right).

It was strange that we were not directly informed by NCEES......I thought we were a direct notification state here in South Carolina.

God I cannot believe this! It took me 5 attempts on the SE I but only 2 on this one.

My head is just spinning right now.

Last edited by a moderator:
Great job RM-270, dr matthe and Mike!! No more studying!! For now, unless you plan on taking the SIII..... :) !

Anyone expecting a raise for passing? Don't expect one here, but they did give me a nice gift card to a salon! Everyone here has been supportive!

Great job RM-270, dr matthe and Mike!! No more studying!! For now, unless you plan on taking the SIII..... :) !
Anyone expecting a raise for passing? Don't expect one here, but they did give me a nice gift card to a salon! Everyone here has been supportive!
I'm a(n) east coast guy....so I'm just going to let the SE III go.

Raise? Heck I'm happy to just have a job (I'm barley putting in 35 hours a week).

And congrats to you too knelli! I saw where you passed.

Hey, congrats knelli, RM-270, drmatthe, Mike Jones, and everyone else I missed!! :party-smiley-048:

I'd ask for a raise!! It can't hurt!

Thanks Kevo for your continued support and advice, it is much appreciated, especially to those of us who have limited mentors! Did you manage to take the SIII?

I am in the "happy to have a job" wagon.... They have been wonderful to me here, allowing me to go to a flexible schedule since having a baby (she's 14 mos now)... base is 24 hrs a week, but I work more when I have to, like now when we have a bunch of proposals going out, so I am hourly and do get overtime over 40. But when I have a slow week, I can just work M-W and spend the rest of the week with my little girl with no guilt! I think I would ask for a raise if I was salaried and working crazy hours like a lot of guys and gals here....

Thanks again to everyone here for the continued advice and support!

Thanks Kevo for your continued support and advice, it is much appreciated, especially to those of us who have limited mentors! Did you manage to take the SIII?
I am in the "happy to have a job" wagon.... They have been wonderful to me here, allowing me to go to a flexible schedule since having a baby (she's 14 mos now)... base is 24 hrs a week, but I work more when I have to, like now when we have a bunch of proposals going out, so I am hourly and do get overtime over 40. But when I have a slow week, I can just work M-W and spend the rest of the week with my little girl with no guilt! I think I would ask for a raise if I was salaried and working crazy hours like a lot of guys and gals here....

Thanks again to everyone here for the continued advice and support!
No problem at all!! Hey, being able to be with your little girl might be the best thing raise you can get!

Oh and my SE3 saga will begin this October. :sharkattack:

Also, congrats TTUEngr51!!

Here's a question I have been pondering: if you are registered in a SE state, is it proper to use the title "SE" behind your name.....even if your base state (i.e. your residency) is a non-SE state? I've noticed that a lot of guys who are in that situation just use "MLSE" in addition to PE behind their names. I've heard it's only proper to have SE in your title if you live in a state like Illinois or California (and of course, have the proper qualifications).

Thoughts?

Here's a question I have been pondering: if you are registered in a SE state, is it proper to use the title "SE" behind your name.....even if your base state (i.e. your residency) is a non-SE state? I've noticed that a lot of guys who are in that situation just use "MLSE" in addition to PE behind their names. I've heard it's only proper to have SE in your title if you live in a state like Illinois or California (and of course, have the proper qualifications).
Thoughts?
I think it's legal to add "SE" behind your name after you have a license in any of the SE states. Doesn't matter whether you practice in a SE state or in a PE state, you officially have an "SE" license, so you can add it to your name.

My October 2009 SE2 score was 2 - "Minimal Competence" and 2 - "Improvement Required". This was definitely not a passing score.
I know of one other score that was 3 - "Minimal Competence" and 1 - "Improvement Required", also a 'Fail'.

Like you all, I am awaiting results. Good luck.

Anyone know what "minimal competence", "improvement required", and "fail" means? It all seems so vague. I understand what 50%, 70%, 100% means but this other method, I'm not sure. When I took the SEII in April '10 all of my scores were "improvement required". This was really depressing because I actually felt good after the test. As it turns out, there was only a 27% passing rate for the CA exam.

passed. took the exam in ME and never received the first notice, had to have it resent. I now have 14 ulcers.

Back