SE II Results

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Last edited by a moderator:
I should never have gotten my hopes up. It's almost 5 pm and nothing has been posted. Here goes another long week...

Oh well....at least it isn't in time to ruin our weekend......although it may be here in time to ruin our 4th of July.

"All we need is just a little patience....."

I took the SE I four times but the SE II, I only took three times. One time I tried just taking the SE I to see if that would help.
Maybe this is it for you.

Let me ask you something about your diagnostic: on your other attempts [at the SE II] how many areas did you get "High Performance" on? On my first attempt it was 2 out of 4.......naturally I'm trying to guess where the cut score is.

I took the SE I four times but the SE II, I only took three times. One time I tried just taking the SE I to see if that would help.

Let me ask you something about your diagnostic: on your other attempts [at the SE II] how many areas did you get "High Performance" on? On my first attempt it was 2 out of 4.......naturally I'm trying to guess where the cut score is.
I always score very high on the concrete but do poor on steel. Once I did really well on the wood and once I did poor on the wood. This time after taking the ACSE 7-05 Seismic Seminar, I think I did really well on the seismic part. I seem to better on the morning problems and I think by the time afternoon comes around I am so burnrd out after a day and half of testing. I am keeping my fingers crossed. I feel this is the closest I have ever been to passing. That 29% pass rate for repeat takers was not that comforting.

Oh well....at least it isn't in time to ruin our weekend......although it may be here in time to ruin our 4th of July.
"All we need is just a little patience....."
I thought for sure we would know by Friday. It seems like Continental Testing always post on Fridays. I guess we have to wait another week in Illinois.

I always score very high on the concrete but do poor on steel. Once I did really well on the wood and once I did poor on the wood. This time after taking the ACSE 7-05 Seismic Seminar, I think I did really well on the seismic part. I seem to better on the morning problems and I think by the time afternoon comes around I am so burnrd out after a day and half of testing. I am keeping my fingers crossed. I feel this is the closest I have ever been to passing. That 29% pass rate for repeat takers was not that comforting.
Yeah, I'd be gassed after two straight days myself.....just one morning session is enough for me.

So would you say (in your previous attempts) that you got a "high performance" in 2 out of the 4 areas or have you done better than that?

Yeah, I'd be gassed after two straight days myself.....just one morning session is enough for me.

So would you say (in your previous attempts) that you got a "high performance" in 2 out of the 4 areas or have you done better than that?
2 out 4. Last time I emailed them about how they score and was told that you don't have to pass all 4 problems if you do well on the other three.

My October 2009 SE2 score was 2 - "Minimal Competence" and 2 - "Improvement Required". This was definitely not a passing score.

I know of one other score that was 3 - "Minimal Competence" and 1 - "Improvement Required", also a 'Fail'.

Like you all, I am awaiting results. Good luck.

I just took it for the first time last April (with the SE1).

I passed the SE1.

The SE2, 2 of the questions I aced, 1 of them I tanked & 1 of them I did great EXCEPT the very very first part I missed, which means the whole problem was wrong. Hopefully my procedure was enough to throw me over the top. I ended up with 44 pages of calculations (all 4 problems), & I used exacly 11 pages on each problem (which was the number they passed out at the beginning). (My hand still hurts)

I just took it for the first time last April (with the SE1).
I passed the SE1.

The SE2, 2 of the questions I aced, 1 of them I tanked & 1 of them I did great EXCEPT the very very first part I missed, which means the whole problem was wrong. Hopefully my procedure was enough to throw me over the top. I ended up with 44 pages of calculations (all 4 problems), & I used exacly 11 pages on each problem (which was the number they passed out at the beginning). (My hand still hurts)
We have officially entered into the third week since the PE results came out.

I really hope that we get some news before the long weekend.

We have officially entered into the third week since the PE results came out.I really hope that we get some news before the long weekend.
I hear you - I'm leaving for Montana over the weekend for several weeks, so hopefully we know before we leave, or it will be July 21st before we're back to civilization.... Maybe we won't know till then anyway!

Just posted on KSBT (Kansas State Board of Technical Professions): The Structural II Exam results were mailed out on Monday, June 28, 2010. Do not call the Board office for your exam results as they cannoit and will not be given out over the phone.

Kansas is a snail mail state... so this would suggest the states have the results and are sending them out... Maybe there is hope for illinois today (website state).

then again, I had fully justified that it was coming last friday

Just posted on KSBT (Kansas State Board of Technical Professions): The Structural II Exam results were mailed out on Monday, June 28, 2010. Do not call the Board office for your exam results as they cannoit and will not be given out over the phone.
That's Great news. My two colleagues took the SE II test in Kansas, I was hoping to get my result before them as TX post results online and KS send it thru mails. But still no luck at TBPE website.

That's Great news. My two colleagues took the SE II test in Kansas, I would like to see me getting result before them as TX post results online and KS send it thru mails. But still no luck at TBPE website.
As of last Friday, KS had not yet recieved the results from NCEES. I'm surprised how fast they got the results sent back out to the test takers (They're probably tired of all the emails and phone calls wandering where the results are). Assuming other states recieved results in the mail on Saturday or today, I would expect the states with online results to release them the next day or two.

That's Great news. My two colleagues took the SE II test in Kansas, I would like to see me getting result before them as TX post results online and KS send it thru mails. But still no luck at TBPE website.
As of last Friday, KS had not yet recieved the results from NCEES. I'm surprised how fast they got the results sent back out to the test takers (They're probably tired of all the emails and phone calls wandering where the results are). Assuming other states recieved results in the mail on Saturday or today, I would expect the states with online results to release them the next day or two.
I wonder how long it will take Continental Testing to post the Illinois results.

I wonder how long it will take Continental Testing to post the Illinois results.
Just received a mail from TBPE on their yahoo group, they haven't got the result so far. So, still waiting :waitwall:

"No. We haven't heard about the Structural II results yet.

They should be here any day now, but we don't know when."

Back