Scooby Doo, The First Atheist Brainwashing Cartoon Reviewed

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Oh man that's funny. I think this was my favorite line though:

Freddie is a bisexual swinger who cannot get enough free love, no matter in what he’s sticking his sinning wick.

Yeah, that's gotta be satirical, but since it was posted on a Christian blog, I really, really am a little bit concerned (and I don't mean about being brainwashed from scooby doo)

Someone I sent the link to put it this way, which, I think, sums it up perfectly:

If this is meant to be just a joke article… it’s really funny. They nailed it. If this is meant to be a honest to God, true, factual article… that makes it even more hilarious.

Pretty certain this is a satirical anti-Christian-conservative website.

I guess I didn't spend much time learning about the website, author, or anything else. I made the assumption that since the website was titled christwire that it was a christian board. I also immediately recognized that, christian or not, it was satirical and that consoled me. The problem though is that there are plenty of christians who actually feel this way... the folks at the church I grew up in being among them.

But, please understand me, I know not all christians feel this way and I am not in any way trying to bash christianity as a whole (like I have done in the past).

The problem though is that there are plenty of christians who actually feel this way... the folks at the church I grew up in being among them.

You grow up Southern Baptist? I did, and that sounds exactly like the church I grew up in. Sunday school teacher told us Catholics were idol worshippers and Mormons had tails.

true+story.jpg

I grew up Pentecostal/southern Baptist and even my super conservative family didn't have a problem with Scooby doo. Could be they were too busy focusing on the real important issues like the impending destruction of the world at the hands of alcohol, gay people, and those who didn't attend church 3 times a week. There were a few people at that church who would eat up an article like that one.

The problem though is that there are plenty of christians who actually feel this way... the folks at the church I grew up in being among them.

You grow up Southern Baptist? I did, and that sounds exactly like the church I grew up in. Sunday school teacher told us Catholics were idol worshippers and Mormons had tails.

true+story.jpg

I grew up Independent Baptist. Even you Southern Baptists were going to burn for all your liberal behavior.

Last edited by a moderator:
One of my favorite memories from childhood was watching Looney Tunes with my dad and listening to him laugh at the animated slapstick.

I dated an independent baptist...EVERYBODY is going to hell, except for the twelve people at church every Sunday. I never felt so awkward about being Catholic. I knew things were off when the missionaries board included a card for "Missionaries to Roman Catholics." On the upside, I became quite the apologetics whiz kid.

No, Church of God... the ones who believe in speaking in tongues and faith healing.

There was a girl in my church who visited on of those churches and was freaked out by the speaking in tongues thing. I think she was eight or nine when she went, and even in her late teens referred to it as the lalala church (I guess that's what it sounds like?).

true+story.jpg

I grew up Independent Baptist. Even you Southern Baptists were going to burn for all your liberal behavior.

Now I know if I take you fishing I need to take someone else or you'll drink all my beer.

I dated an independent baptist...EVERYBODY is going to hell, except for the twelve people at church every Sunday.

Oh, I forgot about that one. yeah, we got into a spirited debate with the SS teacher who made the idoltry and tail comments about folks going to hell if they didn't go to church every Sunday.

The last two sermons I attended (back in 1986, I think) were "Bikinis are EVIL!" and "Root Beer is EVIL!! (the word beer is in it and the bottle looks like a beer bottle).

Wow. Just, wow.

I grew up believing Catholics were following a cult, somewhat based on Christianity, but far stayed from the truth. It really wasn't until my 30's that I realized that the Protestant denominations were the ones that had "strayed" from the church. I was just oblivious to the entire history of the church and the schism, the thesis nailed to the door, King Henry's beef with the pope, etc. I grew up thinking that everybody had been presented with Christianity in the form that I knew it and most had simply rejected it out of sinful desires and were therefore going to hell.

So really, is it any wonder that I had a major belief system shift after I left home, went to college and began seeing that I had actually been raised in an extremely narrow population segment of Christianity that almost everybody else claimed was closer to a cult than Catholicism was.

Now I know if I take you fishing I need to take someone else or you'll drink all my beer.

I'd probably only drink one. Any more than that and I start to get stupid pretty quick.

One of the issues I had with that little church was that I noticed a marked difference between the behavior espoused on Sunday and that I actually observed from those same people the other six days of the week.

I didn't take too well to being griped at for being somewhere in town where they were playing rock-n-roll by somebody I knew for a fact was cheating on his wife.

Back