Sayano–Shushenskaya Hydroelectric Power

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The power point file has all the pics I have plus a few more. Pretty interesting presentation.

Wow.

I was also immediately curious what 76 (or more) people were doing there and the best comment I got was, well it's Russia - there were probably 40 floor sweepers, 20 assistant floor sweepers, and 10 dustbin managers, in addition to the 6 operators. I don't really know, I'm just saying.

Russians really know how to blow stuff up big time.

Another good comment that I can't take credit for is: "That's what happens when you take technology that works perfectly well at 340kW, and scale it up, assuming it works perfectly well at 650kW.

^Where'd you see those quotes...I must have spun through it too fast.
Nope, it was the fellow engineer looking over my shoulder as I ooh'ed and ahh'ed at the photos.

you mean MW right?
I like to make intentional mistakes like that sometimes just so people don't hate me for being too perfect. :rolleyes: Um, yeah, MW's. Actually, I can't remember if the original comment didn't come with kW's, so it's theoretically possible that I quoted it correctly.

I was also immediately curious what 76 (or more) people were doing there and the best comment I got was, well it's Russia - there were probably 40 floor sweepers, 20 assistant floor sweepers, and 10 dustbin managers, in addition to the 6 operators. I don't really know, I'm just saying.
I am both surprised and disappointed that you of all people were not able to come to the obvious conclusion....

Wasn't Stryker's top secret facility where Wolverine was "born" hidden in a dam? Perhaps they were breeding a new crop of Russian super-soldiers.

Back