Relevant Work Experience for P.E.?

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mikeybmdb32

Reaction score
Has anyeone come from a manufacturing background and been able to use their time spent in manufacturing towards the 2 years of experience required for your P.E.? I'm an EE and I spent 2 years as a electrical process engineer doing mostly programming, very little design, some design review, and lots of working with vendors to resolve equipment issues and I'm afraid that it won't help me qualify to become a P.E. ... do you have any advice?

Has anyeone come from a manufacturing background and been able to use their time spent in manufacturing towards the 2 years of experience required for your P.E.? I'm an EE and I spent 2 years as a electrical process engineer doing mostly programming, very little design, some design review, and lots of working with vendors to resolve equipment issues and I'm afraid that it won't help me qualify to become a P.E. ... do you have any advice?
Your state's board website should have a description of the types of tasks that qualify as "engineering experience" check their site and I'll see if I can dig something up from the CA Board's site tomorrow.

It sounds like the experience you have would qualify though, just my opinion.

Back