Raleigh follows Atlanta's lead...

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Road Guy

Reaction score
Well this time raleigh gets to be made fun of.. but they have considerable less people than Atlanta so maybe they wont get the SNL / John Stewart streatment...

raleigh.jpg

and NC actually has snow plows, norther part of NC gets decent snow (my inlaws live there)

http://www.weather.com/news/commuter-conditions/charlotte-traffic-standstill-winter-storm-pax-photos-20140212

A friend of mine from Atlanta worked for the weather channel he said they only survive financially (selling ads) when there are hurricanes, wildfires, and snow/ice kind of sad their livelihood depends on your misfortune..one summer i saw him he was down, I said whats up? he said, slow huricane season we just cut half the office to part time...

I think the only reason the issues in Atlanta were national news was because CNN is here and they made such a big deal about it. I'm sure this will get glossed over in the national media because there really isn't anything noteworthy in North Carolina, unlike Atlanta. :p

Last edited by a moderator:
I think the only reason the issues in Atlanta were national news was because CNN is here and they made such a big deal about it. I'm sure this will get glossed over in the national media because there really isn't anything noteworthy in North Carolina, unlike Atlanta. :p
Unless there's another white house mistake that happened this week....

and NC actually has snow plows, norther part of NC gets decent snow (my inlaws live there)

http://www.weather.com/news/commuter-conditions/charlotte-traffic-standstill-winter-storm-pax-photos-20140212

A friend of mine from Atlanta worked for the weather channel he said they only survive financially (selling ads) when there are hurricanes, wildfires, and snow/ice kind of sad their livelihood depends on your misfortune..one summer i saw him he was down, I said whats up? he said, slow huricane season we just cut half the office to part time...

Depends where you're at.

Around Charlotte, they have very few plows, and enough salt to do the uptown area and some of the major feeder roads. Unfortunately, very few people live uptown or directly off those feeder roads. We got light snow the other day, and if you didn't have decent all season tires or 4WD, you weren't even going to get out of the subdivision.

Yeah you're probably right

my in-laws live near Hickory North Carolina and I did not believe them but we were up there one time it snowed about a foot and my mother in law said of "the state DOT will be along any minute now to plow our subdivision"

I figured she was crazy but sure enough a few minutes later NCDOT came in and plowed the subdivision

Back