PPI

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
i thought they waited until after the results were released to start there fake "How to pass threads"

1- Buy every book you can from PPI

2. Buy a few more books from PPI

3. Sing up for the Exam Cafe, even though it sucks

4. $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

I got a survey from "the other board". One of the questions was something like, "what were some terms on the exam that you didn't recognize?". I responded that my legally binding agreement with the NCEES made it clear I was not to divulge ANY content from the exam.

The last question said they quite often hire independent engineers to serve as consultants, and asked if I'd be interested. Sounds like their doing a little fishing.

I answered the same survey and told them to eat shit and bark at the moon as far as that terminology quesion was concerned. No way was I going there! I can't believe they asked that question in their survey.

About the fishing, I thought it was odd that they would ask that question of someone that's obviously not yet a PE. Weird. Seems like they'd want advisors that were PE's? Since the entire point of Lindberg's existence is to help people attain that status? (while making money per the : USA : way.)

About the fishing, I thought it was odd that they would ask that question of someone that's obviously not yet a PE.
Seems they just want people who have seen the test. Who cares if you passed it.

Didn't Kaplan get into trouble years ago with their SAT review books?

So far I have seen, there is only one possible, plausible post since the exam. Seems everyone has left that boat. Kinda sad in a way.

Is it legitimate for me to blast someone who posted on "the other board"...saying something really stupid and ridiculous?

...or should I just leave it alone and allow them to get away with it? I'm still trying to gauge the personalities of the regulars on THIS message board. I realize that it is probably wrong to say something inflammatory, but sometimes the people over there really make me angry.

I'm glad I stumbled across this board...I am getting a LOT more from this place then I ever did at "the other board".

:eek:ld timer:

Just like in life, it may be best to keep your mouth shut. You might not know who your dealing with...

You can, however, post the link and we can all form our own "opinions"....

Perhaps I'll follow your advice....it is in fact a small world...and it would probably just cause more trouble than it's worth. I guess I was just looking for the go ahead from somebody...and was looking to get turned loose on "the other board" and their message board.

Blu is right, no reason to fan the fire.

The reason this board was started was to have an alternative to all of the "holier than thou" attitudes that were going on over there.

We make comments to each other over here, but it is always light hearted (or meant to be) and no one flames or fights just to cause a rift.

We don't need that.

That board used to get me fired up too, but I just ignore that part.

For them to get you mad, it must have been one of the WHOPPING 4 posts that have been made there since it re-opened.

LOL.

Alright...it's settled then. However...if my son hangs himself in his prison cell...or is shot by a police officer....is struck by a bolt of lighting.....then I'm going to BLAME SOME OF THE PEOPLE ON THAT BOARD!!! Then I don't forgive.

That being said....you're probably right about them. Maybe it WAS the lack of stupid posts (about four as you correctly point out) that made me upset...I wasn't numbed to all the stupidity that more posts would have caused.

Look for fudgepump, sic him on em'. LOL.
I think they banned him long ago.
You rang? :D

They banned me for violating the non-disclosure agreement that says I can't talk about my lunch there.

Look for fudgepump, sic him on em'.  LOL.
I think they banned him long ago.
You rang? :D

They banned me for violating the non-disclosure agreement that says I can't talk about my lunch there.
Wooohoooo ... guess what I am having for lunch today !!! :D

Actually, I will probably end up getting one of those fancy-smanshy sandwiches at Panera Bread Co. I can get another cup of coffee that way ... :rotfl:

I still can't believe the "the other board" moderators deleted my post about Wally from Dilbert having a ham sandwich and it being the best part of his day. :"the other board":

Puhlease!

JR

I know what you mean jr,

they leave some stuff on there that is very questionable, but take down the innocent fun stuff.

Fact is, it's their board to run as they please. They want to keep a very professional board (not that it is) and only have the topics on the board about the exams, and exam prep. There is nothing wrong with that approach, it's just not the approach here.

I think, and I might be speaking for alot of the folks here at EB.com, that having a board where you can do both, get exam advice, and converse with people in the same situation as yourself, is nice.

It brings a certain amount of comfort knowing others are feeling the same way that you are with the exam process.

If talking about sandwiches is what helps bring that comfort, than so be it.

That's my opinion.

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest posts

Back