post your You Tubes here

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
yeah that was a F'd up story - it came out a few weeks ago, the news said the guy got out of his jeep to let someone pass ( black bear pass is one way) so not sure why that happened, but either he didnt put the e-brake on or something but it rolled down with his girlfriend inside, she was thrown from the jeep and has been in the ICU since then- I think she is in pretty bad shape :(  

its on my list to do, but I think a 2 DR Jeep would be best, you can see these switchbacks are just hard for anything with a wheel base longer than the original mining vehciles these were built for - you cant really see the drop of here, but I have heard backing up is a bitch, cause you dont want to end up like the video

we were in Telluride / Ouray this past summer and there were so many vacationers staying local that the sherrif was checking vehciles at the entrance to Black Bear Pass and turning away unsuitable vehicles

6956352_orig.jpg

its on my list to do, but I think a 2 DR Jeep would be best, you can see these switchbacks are just hard for anything with a wheel base longer than the original mining vehciles these were built for - you cant really see the drop of here, but I have heard backing up is a bitch, cause you dont want to end up like the video

we were in Telluride / Ouray this past summer and there were so many vacationers staying local that the sherrif was checking vehciles at the entrance to Black Bear Pass and turning away unsuitable vehicles

I've traversed a lot of roads like that in times gone by. Such were my days in the US Forest Service.

That woudl be cool to do!

Id like to be able to run them when its not peak season with 50,000 people from texas on them - I think most of the bad incidents on these are just when people pass each other or do something like this case and get out of the vehilce, not use a spotter in the really tight corners.

But there are tons of trails that are not in telluride that are just as difficult if not more but they dont seem to get the sexy  feel as the ones in Ouray / Telluride.

When you see the mountain bikers show up then a few years later they start bitching to the Countys that the Off Road Vehciles are bad for the environment and try and get them shut down ( excpet to bikes of course) - The trails here  are 99% rock, sort of hard to hurt rock..

Last edited by a moderator:

So the daughter said we should put together  a team for this next year - I didnt know this was a thing!

This seems weird - 100 years ago a woman is buried at the top of a mountain 

She was apparently buried poorly, storm washed her coffin down the road - now to "celebrate" her life they recreate her coffin race?

You son of a bitch I am in...

I miss this thread, it sucks most of the old links are broken.
I present to you this gem... catalogued under WTAF.

Back