physics-algebra based or phyics for scientists

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Safron

Reaction score
which would you choose to fulfill a bachelors of Sc. in Geology-

Algebra based physics or physics for scientists?

which would you choose to fulfill a bachelors of Sc. in Geology-
Algebra based physics or physics for scientists?
Algebra-based physics is pretty much useless. Calculus-based physics is where you will actually learn something. But if you want an easy A, take the Algebra-based.

I'm surprised they offer you a choice. IIRC, my school had four levels of freshman physics - Physics for Physics major, Physics for Physical Science and Engineering majors, Physics for Life Science Majors, and Physics for Poets, or something like that. All of them had some calculus, except for Physics for Poets, which basically had no math.

Last edited by a moderator:
Don't get too hasty in this decision. Remember, apples are both delicious and nutritious.

When I was a Geology major we could take either Physics I and II or one semester of Physics for Engineers and Physics majors. It worked out well that I took the latter option.

I'm surprised they offer you a choice. IIRC, my school had four levels of freshman physics - Physics for Physics major, Physics for Physical Science and Engineering majors, Physics for Life Science Majors, and Physics for Poets, or something like that. All of them had some calculus, except for Physics for Poets, which basically had no math.
I believe they call that class Metaphysics.

Back