personalized ring tones

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
was in a fast food place last night (taco del-mar) and one of the servers phones kept going off with the scream and sounds from the Psycho movie.

I commented that it was a good ring tone; he responded by saying it was his ex. As I ate my dinner, it went off about every 3 or 4 minutes the entire time myself and a few others were there; turns out the ex was very drunk and wanted him to ditch work and come pick her up.

In the past, I used the "death march" sounds for a ring tone for an ex girlfriend. Worked great to let me know to never pick up the phone...

I used the death march tone on a previous phone for my mom.

I also like the NES theme. Funny part is that we just gave my son Super Mario bros for his birthday (on the new DSI)

Last edited by a moderator:
This thread has spurred me on to add some new custom ringtones. I've added several classic NES theme songs and assigned them to family members and friends (people I remember playing those games a lot as a kid). It's actually pretty fun to take a trip down memory lane. :D
So far I've got Megaman, Zelda, Super Maro Bros., Punchout and Bubble Bobble (that one is for my brother, we always wondered about him :p )
LOL....nice. Don't forget about RC ProAm, Contra, and Metroid. :thumbs:

I have some of those NES tones assigned to various friends and my general ring tone is the theme to Dexter. :hung-037:

someone who sits around me has that commericial sound bit of the pig in the car wee wee weeing all the way home. very annoying actually.

someone who sits around me has that commericial sound bit of the pig in the car wee wee weeing all the way home. very annoying actually.
WEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE WEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE WEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!

I have vaders march for the wife, "Cops" theme for my brother, "Kung fu Fighting" for the boss, indiana jones for my dad and the "rocky" ringtone for everybody else. I made all of them from free mp3 editing software and a free rhapsody account. I also have the beep they used on "the unit" for the team members alert but my stupid iphone wont let me use it. I guess its too short.

Back