PE Stamp Requires Approval?

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jonhnny123

Reaction score
I'm going to get my stamp a few years after passing the exam. So I no longer have the paperwork from when I passed.

I'm going to order the stamp from www.engineerseals.com so I'm reasonably sure that it will meet requirements. But do I still need to send a copy of the stamp to the Engineering Board for approval?

I'm in MA.

Not every state has you send in a copy of a sealed document for approval.

You should check with your board for their requirements.

Typically engineerseals.com will meet any requirements without issue.

Jonhnny123, when you order, use the code "LCE discounts" and get 15% off. It is a great company.

Mark

Normally if the state that you are licensed in requires a stamped form, you have to send the form in with your stamp BEFORE the jurisdiction will issue you your license. If you got your license and the jurisdiction did not require that you send in a stamped document prior to your license issuance, you probably don't need to send it in to the state. However, to be sure, check with the state licensing board BEFORE you order the stamp. No reason to buy something, find out it is wrong and then have to do it again!

Normally if the state that you are licensed in requires a stamped form, you have to send the form in with your stamp BEFORE the jurisdiction will issue you your license. If you got your license and the jurisdiction did not require that you send in a stamped document prior to your license issuance, you probably don't need to send it in to the state. However, to be sure, check with the state licensing board BEFORE you order the stamp. No reason to buy something, find out it is wrong and then have to do it again!

FWIW, Missouri sent the stamp paperwork and the license at the same time. You just had to mail it back in with the seal.

Back