PE score

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
J

JasonT33

When I received my results for April 2006 exam, it was just shown as passed. Is there anyway we could get our score. Just curious how well I did.

I'd like to know mine too. Here in WV, supposedly even the state board only knows whether you passed or failed from NCEES.

Last edited by a moderator:
Well I emailed EES and this is what they said

NCEES only reports scores as PASS or FAIL. They do not report any numerical scores to any party including, the candidates, the licensing Boards or Engineering Examination Services.

S. A. Murdaugh

Exam Coordinator

NCEES is full of shit.

NCEES reported scores to the Texas Board and we all got numeric scores pass or fail. The bottom line is that if your board wants the scores, NCEES will give them to them.

NCEES is full of shit.
NCEES reported scores to the Texas Board and we all got numeric scores pass or fail. The bottom line is that if your board wants the scores, NCEES will give them to them.
I think we had this discussion either here or on the other board. It has something to do with the laws on the books of the individual states as to whether or not they get scores. IIRC, they can't just call up and ask for them.

I also think someone made the point on "the other board"'s board that it's not an exam to see who the smartest engineer is. Just to ensure minimal level I guess you say you were more minimally compentent than someone else if you knew your score. They gave them out when I took the exam. I barely made it (Thanks, God!) and didn't care any more after that!

Correct me if I am wrong... but didnt they just start doing this PASS/FAIL thing as of the October 2005 exam? I know colleagues who passed prior to this date and they received a numerical score whether they passed or failed.

I prefer the PASS/FAIL option. They give a nice breakdown when you fail and when you pass, you get a nice congrats.

What more can you want?

I know that when I pass, it won't be by much, so I don't need some kid in 10 years bragging how he got an 85 or some shit. I like the new system.

Correct me if I am wrong... but didnt they just start doing this PASS/FAIL thing as of the October 2005 exam? I know colleagues who passed prior to this date and they received a numerical score whether they passed or failed.
Yes, you are correct. P/F is recent. I think prior to that, though, everyone got their scaled score when they failed but it varied from state to state as to whether they got a score if they passed.

I prefer the PASS/FAIL option. They give a nice breakdown when you fail and when you pass, you get a nice congrats.What more can you want?
Yeah, I never got a congratulatory letter on my FE. Just a piece of paper with a score.

The PE passing letter just simply said congratulations on passing, more info to follow from your state board.

I think it varies from state to state though, some of the Florida guys here got these long letters.

Hello there,

The last time the scores were informed to the candidates, passing or failing, was for April 2005. I know it because I got a 64. Then they changed to the Pass or Fail mode. :true:

The states have the option of requiring the scores, as the great state of Texas does, and that is why Texas' engineers know their scores. I am not aware of any other state reporting scores so enlight me. :D

I thought that I would like to know my score when I passed but that is not important. I do think that when failing we have the right to know our score. That is double edge sword(I hope everybody understand this analogy :unsure: ) If failing for "only" a point or a couple of pints, which is deceiving, the tendency is to be relax and think we will get it next time because we were so close. That is a mistake.

But if failing I think we have the right to know how bad we did. The diagnostic sheet they send is a good tool to refocus our energy toward the weakest areas. On the other hand DV is right. You nailed it my friend. Many passing candidates wanted to know the scores just to feel superior to other passing candidates. Now they don't have that bragging toy. Guess they will go to : How many times did you take it? I did it in my first try. <_<

I have a reply for that but is rated "R" I don't want to be banned. :banhim:

OK. That is it for now....Nice day to all....Keep the good work and always....

;guns; ;guns; ;guns; ;guns; ;guns; ;guns; ;guns; ;guns; ;guns; ;guns; ;guns;

Latest posts

Back