PE Review Classes from PPI

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MikeR

Reaction score
Hardly anyone mentions the PPI review classes. I just signed up for PPI's ME review class in Oakland, CA. Right now I am a little bit worried about the lack of recommendations. Did I just blow $1000? Any thoughts?

Last edited by a moderator:
I didn't take the ful review class from PPI. I took the one online review class from PPI for the ME exam and I didn't find it to be all that helpful. The only good thing I got out of it was a structured schedule. Other than that I found it be a little uninformative and more or less you working on your own just using their schedule. Hopefully the full review course will be better and will help you out with the exam.

I didn't take the full PPI review class either, I took the $200 online review class, which I found to be a complete waste of $200. That was for my second attempt at the exam, which I did not pass.

This last go around (my third time) I simply studied on my own, every night for about 4 months. It was painful for me and my family (I have 2 very young daughters), but for me thats what it took. Lots of intensive problem solving.

Everyone's different, so the review class may be for you. But I've found for myself (and from alot of people on this board), the best way to study is to do problems, problems, and more problems.

Sample exams from PPI and NCEES, six minute solutions books, problems for the MERM... if you do all those, you'll be golden.

Thanks Guys. I agree that nothing beats a hard slog of 3-4 months. I feel quite sorry for myself.

Back