PE out of state expiration date

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bobbilly

Reaction score
So I just saw I got my PE license number on DCA.CA.GOV, no wall certificate yet. Is there a reason as to why it says it expires in December?? Birthday is in May. 

image.png

pjavery said:
It's not related to your birthday at all. The initial CA engineering license always expires at the next quarter's end. It was probably too late for them to set your for the Sept. 30th expiration (that I had; I also took the April 2018 exam), hence end of Q4 for you. 

When you renew in December, it'll be for 2 years. 

@CAPLS has mentioned elsewhere here that the initial 90 day licensure is really just a grace period, since the application fee is so low (comparatively, I'm sure they can chime in if I'm completely off base on that).
What she said

@bobbilly, a little bit off topic but when did you submit your application to the CA board? Just trying to get an idea as to what kind of timeframe the board is working on with regard to new applications for those who passed the April 2018 exam. The wait is eating at me :D . Congrats on the license!

Back