PE Nuclear Study Material

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DrPositron

Reaction score
Read Lamarsh and worked many examples.

Worked every example in ANS study guide and took practice tests.

Read first half of engineering economics book.

Passed first try.

If I hadn't passed, I would have repeated the above and added some pipe flow/heat exchanger examples/reading...but fortunately I don't have to do that!

Anyone out there having trouble passing nuclear and could use a better study guide than the ANS guide?

Read Lamarsh and worked many examples.Worked every example in ANS study guide and took practice tests.

Passed first try.

If I hadn't passed, I would have repeated the above and added some pipe flow/heat exchanger examples/reading...but fortunately I don't have to do that!

Anyone out there having trouble passing nuclear and could use a better study guide than the ANS guide?
I just passed the Chemical PE. I have recently taken a couple of nuclear reactor engineering courses for grad school. Do you think it might be possible to pass the nuclear PE?

Read Lamarsh and worked many examples.Worked every example in ANS study guide and took practice tests.

Passed first try.

I just passed the Chemical PE. I have recently taken a couple of nuclear reactor engineering courses for grad school. Do you think it might be possible to pass the nuclear PE?
I was a ChemE undergrad with only a few nuclear graduate-level courses. Bone up on shielding calculations, dose/dose rate, and the ANS study guide is a good investment. You should have no problem. I'm thinking of trying the ChemE PE next year.

Back