PE Exam Flashcards

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mklee1986

Reaction score
Anybody ever use PE flashcards ? I'm thinking of purchasing Mometrix PE flashcards from amazon ? Any help will be grateful 

I tried flashcards vfrom ppi while studying for the fe. I didn't really find it helpful. I felt my time was better spent learning my references and doing practice problems. I also found the flashcards had info that would never show up on the exam. 

Maybe make your own? You'll learn more while making them. Good luck. 

I agree with Matt. Your own could be useful especially if you take public transportation to/from work and don't want to take large study material with you. 

If you make your own, add in some cards about where you could find certain information such as tables or codes relating to certain topic. While this is not helping with an exam topic, it will help you during the test so you don waste time trying to figure out where certain items are located. 

I don't see how it could be very useful.  Engineering and the PE exam concentrates on APPLYING principles.  The formulas and reference values are in your reference books so the time would be better spent working problems.  

If it's because you have a long commute take the 6MS, NCEES practice exams, or some other book that's not as large and try to work through it mentally.

Back