Pdh's

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Depends on your state. In most of them it's pretty easy to satisfy the requirements. Most seminars, college classes, and society involvement count as pdh's.

Some examples of what I've done...

- seminar on revised stormwater regulations given by the state DEC

- seminar on water source protection

- seminar on site lighting

- officer in the local ASCE chapter

- weekly lecture on engineering and technology at the local college

Unless you live in one of those states that requires courses to be pre-approved, it's easy to do.

New PE but, I know ASCE offers a number of seminars throughout the year that are about 14 ceu's per course.
I wouldn't suggest the ASCE courses as a way to meet your pdh requirements...that would be an expensive requirement. Not to knock ASCE seminars, as I've taken a few myself...they're good if you're specifically interested in the topic, but if you're just looking for pdh's there are plenty of less expensive (often free) options. As someone pointed out above, some states have specific pre-approval requirements also with respect to pdh credits.

^ I've thought about some of their seminars but yeah they are expensive.
i've been to some at supply houses (hvac) though i wasn't a PE at the time. Now that I am, it will come in handy, and they were free!

however for more specific seminar's i'd check out www.pdhcenter.com i haven't done any yet, but flipped through the ones they had and noticed several that i'm very interested in taking... but they are costly. depends on what you need. the 2 or 3 that i know i want to have under my belt that are definatly worth the cost.

happy pdh hunting!!!!

WAY TO GO ON BEING A PE>>>> the best christmas present i could ever ask for!!!!

best regards

Back