Open position for a Site Electrical & Instrumentation Engineer in Warrington, UK

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

btbsilent

Reaction score
The Site Electrical & Instrumentation Engineer will ensure that the performance and availability of electrical, instrumentation and control systems across the Warrington manufacturing plant meets the standards required to achieve production, environmental and safety targets and to drive continuous improvement. Principle accountability's will include but not be limited to -

• Broad technical competence enabling support to all Site E/I issues, in the capacity as the Site Responsible E/I Engineer.
  • Ensure the integrity of all E/I equipment and systems are maintained to satisfy all relevant safety standards, legislation and best practice.
  • Develop a long term asset improvement strategy for E/I equipment and infrastructure. This will include identifying areas where electrical improvements can be implemented to improve safety, quality and efficiency.
  • Develop and communicate improved Site E/I Equipment and installation standards.
  • Technical training/coaching of the Site E/I team with the objective of up-skilling, with more modern EIC systems and diagnostics techniques, greater application and practice of multi-skill activities, and greater involvement with LV/HV isolation's.
  • Lead the development of robust E/I preventative maintenance procedures.
  • Improve the scoping and planning of E/I maintenance tasks by supporting the Site engineering planners.
  • Act as the E/I Client for all major projects and approve scopes and detailed design drawings to ensure correct specification and installation standards.
  • Assist with E/I commissioning activities with major projects.
  • Owner of key Service Contracts, ensuring agreed service performance levels are achieved and costs are managed and controlled.
  • Participate in the Site Engineering Call-in Rota.
The Successful Applicant
To be considered for the role of Site Electrical & Instrumentation Engineer you will be experienced with the following points.

• Preferably degree educated in Electrical, Controls, or Instrumentation Engineering. HNC/D or time served applicants will be given serious consideration.
  • A proven track record of extensive experience in a range of Instrument, Electrical and Control engineering roles within manufacturing or related industry.
  • Will be formally trained and validated in 16/17th Edition (Levels 1 & 2) Electrical standards.
  • Good effective/confident communication, delivering results, problem solving, leadership skills and team working is essential.
  • Motivated and eager to contribute to continuous improvement both at a personal level and team level.
  • Robust SHE principles, demonstrating commitment to safety through language, willingness to learn, behaviour and actions, complying with safety practices and committed to zero tolerance of unsafe acts.
  • Strong verbal, written and problem solving skills and ability to preparing technical reports, procedures and able to plan work.
  • Good IT skills, building on existing proficiency and developing competence in the company's systems.
  • The challenge of balancing the many and varied demands of short-term troubleshooting requests from the plants with the longer term management of project workload will be a major challenge in this role.
  • Experience in managing EIC improvement projects.
  • Knowledge of operating, maintaining and inspecting High Voltage switchgear and distribution networks.
What's on Offer
£45,000 - £55,000 & benefits

Apply for this job: https://express.candarine.com/campaign/url/forward/f7e5c3a4050f

Back