Oopsie

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

EM_PS

shining like a lighter...
Reaction score
Wow, how many toes can this guy step on, lol?

Any guesses as to Mr. Mohammeds continued practice (he asks rhetorically)?

Last edited by a moderator:
Was an actual recorded plat from AZ. Our super educated engineer Mohammed had this happen:

That's crazy. Nothing says a structural PE can't perform civil duties in the State of CO as long as they are knowledgeable on the topic they are practicing. But this guy obviously ventured outside his area of expertise.

Land Surveying isn't a "civil duty," it's a PLS duty. In most states, they are licensed separately, and being licensed in one doesn't give you permission to perform tasks of the other.

Shows what I know. Either way, it sounds as though he was working outside his area of expertise and got pinched. Kudos to those involved in the sting.

I get calls all the time from folks who've "engineered" projects and just need the stamp. NFG

Yeah truthfully I'm surprised his license got suspended - sanctioned maybe, w/ cease & desist order on illegally practicing land surveying. But based on his ridiculous certification sounds like it couldnt have happened to a more deserving d-bag. But yes, as Wilheld said, anything having to do with legal boundary determination or establishment and associated records thereof (stamping maps / plats) falls under the legal authority of professional surveying - not civil / structural engineering.

Last edited by a moderator:
That was crazy!

I'm qualified to say that, because civil engineers are the most educated of the engineers and I have a minor in Geology.

csb, P.E.

Back