Ongoing CBT Exam Spam Thread 2022

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Tired Sleepy GIF - Tired Sleepy Exhausted - Discover & Share GIFs

Yeah, I'm not too sure the difference or point of Commander vs. Standard vs. Modern.... My understanding is the rules are the same but you can only use certain cards based on the mode????

Yeah, I'm not too sure the difference or point of Commander vs. Standard vs. Modern.... My understanding is the rules are the same but you can only use certain cards based on the mode????
I play MTG. Commander is more fun imo but does take longer, but standard is good for beginners to learn quickly. You can look up the rules for all of the different styles, but the basics for commander are a 100 card deck (including your commander), none of the cards can have the same name (no duplicates) except for basic land. This makes deck building around 2 or 3 mechanics harder, but imparts the same challenges for opponents as well. I'll typically find a sweet mechanic from a legendary creature I like, and try to build around it. You also start with 40 life in commander vs. 20 in standard. I've been playing off and on since beta, but didn't get really into it until I started buying my own decks around 2013. I've amassed enough to fill a couple of 5000ct card boxes and still buy a few boosters of the new releases when they come out. Check out CardKingdom.com for reasonably priced cards, Amazon is like 3x more, and Arena if you haven't heard of that. Arena is PC based, free (with pay to play upgrades, but I never use it) and lets you digitally archive any prebuilds you buy.

I just found out I will be going back home for 24 hours for a work meeting spam. That is not long enough to do all the things I want to do, but I can't wait. I miss home so much! SO MUCH.

I told Husband we can move back and he can fly daily to his work (which would include an hour drive to and from the airport), which is TOTALLY DOABLE RIGHT??? He would get so much time for HIS ACTIVITIES getting to sit for four hours round trip on a plane every day!

Back