On-line review courses suggestions?

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tomhunt

Reaction score
Does anyone have a suggestion for an on-line course in review for the PE exam..in particular those that would concentrate on construction?

I'd be curious about this. I took a Civil PE review class offered by NCSU where I got my degree. Once a week for 20 weeks they covered all the topics, and I studied a lot beyond that. I just took the October test, so if I didn't pass, I'm not sure how else I could prepare.

Not to rob your thread, but how did others prepare?

On topic- if I could suggest a course it would be classroom based so you have a schedule to go and prep, sit down for 3 hours a week for a refresher, and a weekly reminder to study. Maybe I need the structure...

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm not sure how the other discipline exams were, but I know construction was a very experience based exam. If you're not in construction, the exam will be very difficult, especially since there aren't many reference books available. If you do work in construction and just need to expand your base (like you're in transportation construction and want to learn structural construction), the CERM is a surprisingly complete document. I would highly suggest THOROUGHLY reading the CERM. You would be surprised how much construction info is still buried in the non-construction sections.

As far as courses, I am not aware of any that focus excusively on construction.

I used PE review at PEreview.net I feel it did help me, after I corrected a number of the answers they got, they have since fixed them. That being said, I am taking the exam again in April, horray for me!

I took the School of PE for the Oct 2009 test.

Passed my P.E ........i dont think i would've passed it without the School of PE.

Worth every penny

Good Luck

I concur with Civil Hawaii, I too took the School of PE Civil Review online class this past fall and Passed (Was definitely not my first go around with the exam). School of PE is definitely what got me over the hump! FYI.. I took the Structural Depth.

I took civil/construction, Oct '09, and passed my first try. I bought the Civil PE Morning Breadth Package from PPI as well as the Ruwan Construction Module book. In addition, I subscribed to the PPI exam cafe, where I was able to work additional problems online. I studied for about 16-20 hours per week for 2 months prior to the exam. I worked as many problems as I could, saving practice exams to gauge my progress. Lastly. I used to some advice I read on here; studying for the exam is not the time to learn what you don't know. In light of that advice I spend no time studying environmental and instead focused my efforts on subjects I was good at in college.

Good luck!

I took civil/construction, Oct '09, and passed my first try. I bought the Civil PE Morning Breadth Package from PPI as well as the Ruwan Construction Module book. In addition, I subscribed to the PPI exam cafe, where I was able to work additional problems online. I studied for about 16-20 hours per week for 2 months prior to the exam. I worked as many problems as I could, saving practice exams to gauge my progress. Lastly. I used to some advice I read on here; studying for the exam is not the time to learn what you don't know. In light of that advice I spend no time studying environmental and instead focused my efforts on subjects I was good at in college.
Good luck!
Any chance that you are selling that PPI morning Breadth package??

Back