# of PE's in U.S.?

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

IlPadrino

Reaction score
Code:
I agree the engineering profession is very under appreciated and under paid, but I disagree on not allowing foreign engineers and scientist to work in this country. One of the main reason that US is the most technological advance country in the world is beacause we allow those smart people to work and live in this country. We are combining their great mind with ours, so we can be the first county to put human on the moon, first to invent the atomic bomb, first one to invent the microprocessor... As for me, I rather to work with a smart engineer from another country than an home grown engineer who can only complain how much he is underpaid.

As for the lawyers, they are way overpaid, and they are the reason we need to pass the PE.

Am I cynical to think that maybe this post is from a foreign engineer?

^^^ I had the same impression and was going to post something to that effect. Then I thought better of it because I really didn't want to touch of a domestic vs. foreign debate.

JR

They say discretion is the better part of valor. I'm trying to me nice, especially after giving Wolverine a hard time yesterday about his right to questing engineering qualifications!

Back