Of Freaking Course!

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sumpnz

Reaction score
So, I took the FE exam last April (and passed). I used a TI-36X Pro for that exam. Good calculator, really liked it. A few months later I was starting to study for the PE. Could not find that damn calculator to save my life. So I bought a TI-30 XS Multiview to replace it (held out hope of finding the -36 for too long and had buy whatever was available locally).

Now that PE results are poised for release my wife found the -36 tonight. Probably a good omen that I won't need it for a re-take. I hope anyway.

Should have bought it just in case, you can always return it. I bought a 2nd 36X and left it in the package but had it with me in case the first one had a problem and then I just returned it the day after the test.

Should have bought it just in case, you can always return it. I bought a 2nd 36X and left it in the package but had it with me in case the first one had a problem and then I just returned it the day after the test.
I was too cheap to just buy another -36 early on. I held out hope of finding it until about 2 weeks before the exam. All the local Best Buy had in stock was -30's. It worked well enough for the PE. I'll probably try to sell that -30XS to someone that needs a calculator for the FE or something. Even if I wind up having failed the PE this time I have the -36 again so I'd just use that.

I still have my TI-36X Solar from my highscool days. Great little calculator.

Back