Odd vacations

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mike1144

Reaction score
Starting next year, our birthday will be considered a floating holiday. I think they are trying to cut down on office fun completely. It's like you have to go into quarintine on your birthday.

are they taking away another holiday or floating holiday?

they probably got sick of people calling in sick on there birthday..

we have 2 floating holidays a year, so that way people dont have to bitch cause they dont get "______" Day off...

We only get 1 day at xmas this year, and I killed my vacation with that worthless testmasters class :cry:

Actually, they added a day. We had 8 this year, and that will make it nine for next year.

do ya'll normally have outlandish parties on peoples birthdays? :D

Does the floating holiday have to be taken on your birthday or any day?

If it has to be taken on your b-day then yeah I think thats screwed up, cause then no one will be there.. of course it would eliminate the dreaded "hey were taking sally to lunch for her birthday, I know you dont know her or even like her, but the more people that come the less we have to pay to buy her lunch...........................................................................

My wife decorates my office for my birthday, and I usually get close to 30lbs of candy, and junk food to share.

So I feel pretty special on my birthday, and now they want to take it away from me.

Back