October 2020 15k SPAM Thread

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I need to brag about Banjo for a sec.

He's got some issues that the adoption team wasn't upfront with us about but we're working through them. We've been in contact with the shelter trainer (who knows Moo since we took group classes there last winter/spring). So it's been handy to have someone to talk to that knows both of our dogs.

Banjo has resource guarding issues. We thought it was just with food. No. It's also with the couch a bit. So I've gotten bitten and snarled at a couple of times (didn't break skin, I'm ok). 

So she tells us to keep him off of the couch. Which is not going great tbh but we're trying. He'll eventually get couch privileges back. We have an elevated bed and that's going to be his place. We started trying to get him up on it on Monday night. Well by last night, he was all 4 paws on it. Sitting and laying down. If we aren't right there with him, he won't stay on it long on his own. But it's huge progress in just 24 hours. We've started naming it as "place" and we tried to get him to have an antler on it (that didn't work, he brough the antler to the chaise) but baby steps .

Now we just gotta keep him out of the trash can -____- 

I need to brag about Banjo for a sec.

He's got some issues that the adoption team wasn't upfront with us about but we're working through them. We've been in contact with the shelter trainer (who knows Moo since we took group classes there last winter/spring). So it's been handy to have someone to talk to that knows both of our dogs.

Banjo has resource guarding issues. We thought it was just with food. No. It's also with the couch a bit. So I've gotten bitten and snarled at a couple of times (didn't break skin, I'm ok). 

So she tells us to keep him off of the couch. Which is not going great tbh but we're trying. He'll eventually get couch privileges back. We have an elevated bed and that's going to be his place. We started trying to get him up on it on Monday night. Well by last night, he was all 4 paws on it. Sitting and laying down. If we aren't right there with him, he won't stay on it long on his own. But it's huge progress in just 24 hours. We've started naming it as "place" and we tried to get him to have an antler on it (that didn't work, he brough the antler to the chaise) but baby steps .

Now we just gotta keep him out of the trash can -____- 
We just took our dogs for the annual vaccines and check-ups. Our lab-pit mix needs to lose 15-30 lbs. She's supposed to get a leveled 8 oz cup of food twice a day, down from the heaping coffee mug full of food my wife and kids were giving her. She started throwing noticeably hunger tantrums immediately and on day 2 we let her out just before bedtime and when she came to the door she had the bottom half of a rabbit in her mouth. She gave us the top half of said rabbit a few hours later on the carpet.

We just took our dogs for the annual vaccines and check-ups. Our lab-pit mix needs to lose 15-30 lbs. She's supposed to get a leveled 8 oz cup of food twice a day, down from the heaping coffee mug full of food my wife and kids were giving her. She started throwing noticeably hunger tantrums immediately and on day 2 we let her out just before bedtime and when she came to the door she had the bottom half of a rabbit in her mouth. She gave us the top half of said rabbit a few hours later on the carpet.
😲

🤮🤮

yeah no thanks.

we weighed out how much our "older" dog (they're 3mo apart in age lol) and scaled her back a bit from what the bag said to give since she was getting so many treats due to training. we're doing the same with Banjo since a few months ago the trainer was like "Moo is losing her defined waist" so we want to avoid that with Banjo since he needs a lot more training (plus we'll also have to restart nose work with him which is even more treats lol)

Moo killed a vole in the backyard like a month or so ago. And then like a week or so later, we captured a mouse in the house and I released it out in the corner of our yard. Well a few days later, Moo vomited at 5am and a very quick glance, it was mouse sized (I don't clean up puke - that's Boyfriend's job) 

🤮🤮

yeah no thanks.

we weighed out how much our "older" dog (they're 3mo apart in age lol) and scaled her back a bit from what the bag said to give since she was getting so many treats due to training. we're doing the same with Banjo since a few months ago the trainer was like "Moo is losing her defined waist" so we want to avoid that with Banjo since he needs a lot more training (plus we'll also have to restart nose work with him which is even more treats lol)

Moo killed a vole in the backyard like a month or so ago. And then like a week or so later, we captured a mouse in the house and I released it out in the corner of our yard. Well a few days later, Moo vomited at 5am and a very quick glance, it was mouse sized (I don't clean up puke - that's Boyfriend's job) 
So this is the 2nd time that I thought you were mistyping mole. 😆

A quick Google search has me better informed.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vole

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm ready for Graffeo to stop being a resource for the power PE.

It's wicked out of date, weirdly written, and has errors. 

It needs to stop being a go to. 

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back