October 2019 Post Exam Wait Period - Welcome to the Suck

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hank Dinosaur.jpg

With CBT won't this group waiting become a thing of the past?  As a mechanical discipline this is the last time.  Looks like you civil engineers have a few more years.

*pic snip*

With CBT won't this group waiting become a thing of the past?  As a mechanical discipline this is the last time.  Looks like you civil engineers have a few more years.
It just means the newbies will have to SPAM to 15k in ten working days.

I am not sure how the enviro cbt etc work, but the CA specific exams do have a bit of waiting time. Just not as bad as the P&P

Last edited by a moderator:
View attachment 14715

Yes. On top of that since the CBT Exam Date starts on April, you can take it 3 times before the year end of 2020. They give you back the results in 7 to 10 days. 

The results will be out before January 20. In the last eight years, only Pennsylvania has seen a delayed release approaching that date (Oct 2012 and 2014). Super long waits were common prior to the multiple choice era. I don't know how missed registration deadlines were handled back then.
Fun fact: I've been looking into it, and Maine's reapplication deadline is December 31st. That one might be cutting it close.

I'm also going to tag @LyceeFruit in this post, because it involves Maine.

Fun fact: I've been looking into it, and Maine's reapplication deadline is December 31st. That one might be cutting it close.

I'm also going to tag @LyceeFruit in this post, because it involves Maine.
Except I'm a new application since I've never applied with Maine

I'm going out on a limb to venture a guess. The TN Engineering Board meets on 12 December; we probably won't get results the next day, so my guess is Monday 16 December 2019.

With CBT won't this group waiting become a thing of the past? 
Yeah pretty much. There will only be six more cases of collective mania after this session.

On the one hand, the wait period is a big part of the PE rite of passage. OTOH, good riddance! it'll just be something the future grey-beards will rant about to the next generation. :eek:ld-025:

Yeah pretty much. There will only be six more cases of collective mania after this session.

On the one hand, the wait period is a big part of the PE rite of passage. OTOH, good riddance! it'll just be something the future grey-beards will rant about to the next generation. :eek:ld-025:
One positive to the wait. At least I'm here to enjoy it while it lasts.

"I remember back in my day we had to wait weeks for our results!"

Last edited by a moderator:
Except I'm a new application since I've never applied with Maine
Sorry, I was aware, but didn't make it clear.

I mentioned it for the sake of understanding the timing  of the Oct '19 initial release, not for you retaking the exam. I just tagged you because my post had the word "Maine" in it. 

:sniff:

Latest posts

Back