October 2019 Post Exam Wait Period - Welcome to the Suck

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
"Your approval status is determined by your state board. The board staff has access to our system, and will manually mark you approved at some point. If you have questions about your status, please contact them directly for more information." 

This is what I got by NCEES a few seconds ago!
That sounds more like the authorization to sit for the exam. Not the exam results.

Measure should be taken as CPM.... just saying.
Counts per minute? Sure why not?

I hope Texas releases results on the first day. I heard this year they released the April results on the second day.
Texas tends to be later on the first fat, or early-mid second day.

I’m tired of looking at that pe license opens doors video 😂
Justin Stein FTW!

those who have received the dreaded email before... what time did you get it? mine last spring was 10:33 am CST
Check the maps threads from the past few cycles. I've made sure that they were posted for each state there.

So the board regrades the exams for each individual doesn't matter what the cut score is? How does that work for the CBT style exams since they don't have enough time to do that and the results are out in a week? 
No state board regrades the exams. Full stop. The pass/fail recommendation (read: determination) is made by NCEES. Technically a board could overull NCEES, but its never happened before, and it likely never will. 

CBT exams are a different medium, and handled differently.

I checked last year the exam was on Oct 26th, and results were out on Dec 5. 
This year we took it on Dec 25th, results will be out Dec 4??
That's not how it works. 

And probably for tomorrow, too, if we're being honest...
+1

Looks like the NCEES chat feature has been deactivated...
That's usually what happens at COB.

That sounds more like the authorization to sit for the exam. Not the exam results.

Counts per minute? Sure why not?

Texas tends to be later on the first fat, or early-mid second day.

Justin Stein FTW!

Check the maps threads from the past few cycles. I've made sure that they were posted for each state there.

No state board regrades the exams. Full stop. The pass/fail recommendation (read: determination) is made by NCEES. Technically a board could overull NCEES, but its never happened before, and it likely never will. 

CBT exams are a different medium, and handled differently.

That's not how it works. 

+1

That's usually what happens at COB.
I feel like you have definitely injected too much reason into this conversation...

I feel like you have definitely injected too much reason into this conversation...
That's why I'm here. I've got a reputation for talking people off the the ledge

Someone has too. But folks still ignore the knowledge from @RBHeadge PE
Key-Peele-Teacher-Thanks-The-Class-For-Using-Proper-Names-For-Once.gif

I think I'm coming back up to the surface after yesterday. Still probably in Phase 4, but not too bad.

However, I've also picked out which stamp I'm going to buy and which review course to take... So, I have at least the Schrodinger's Cat element of Phase 0, after basically skipping that phase after test day.

:waitwall:

I think I'm coming back up to the surface after yesterday. Still probably in Phase 4, but not too bad.

However, I've also picked out which stamp I'm going to buy and which review course to take... So, I have at least the Schrodinger's Cat element of Phase 0, after basically skipping that phase after test day.

:waitwall:
Ive done neither. I JUST WANT TO UNPACK THE BOX

Is anyone legitimately freaking out about getting the scores or is this all just talk for the sake of conversation? I feel like there are worse things to worry about...

Is anyone legitimately freaking out about getting the scores or is this all just talk for the sake of conversation? I feel like there are worse things to worry about...
I think the collective panic is real. A lot of time and energy has  been invested to reach this point. There is also an element of knowing either way so next step can be planned. Lets get it over with already. 

Back