October 2019 15k SPAM Thread

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
My friend, who I'm MOH for, is actually making me a little frustrated because she doesn't seem to know anything about weddings?  She seems kinda stuck on the bridesmaids wearing the same dress, but then wants a convertible dress.  When I mentioned maybe it's best to limit color/length, but let people get different top styles, she said the photos would look weird (but if we have the convertibles tops, that means of the four girls, half might have the same style).  Then when I asked if I was getting a different dress style, which I'm kinda sure is a thing for MOH, she seemed confused.

I feel like she should have kept her date as May 2021 instead of may 2020.

My friend, who I'm MOH for, is actually making me a little frustrated because she doesn't seem to know anything about weddings?  She seems kinda stuck on the bridesmaids wearing the same dress, but then wants a convertible dress.  When I mentioned maybe it's best to limit color/length, but let people get different top styles, she said the photos would look weird (but if we have the convertibles tops, that means of the four girls, half might have the same style).  Then when I asked if I was getting a different dress style, which I'm kinda sure is a thing for MOH, she seemed confused.

I feel like she should have kept her date as May 2021 instead of may 2020.
I gave my bridesmaids a color palette, a Pinterest board of styles/inspiration, and then told them to wear whatever dress they wanted in that palette/style. One feels more comfortable in dressy pants, so she did that instead. It was great and ~photographed well~, and I’m hoping they all chose pieces they can wear again.

I did matching convertible dresses for all the bridesmaids, MOH included. It was this dress in the taupe color: https://www.lulus.com/products/tricks-of-the-trade-taupe-maxi-dress/168018.html

I'm pretty sure they all liked it. At least, no one complained!

My MOH wondered if she was getting a different dress too, and I was like nah. Haha! The different ways the girls did the tops all looked really good! All four were able to figure out different styles that they liked, morning of the wedding pretty much.

EDIT: Ohhhh, TOPSIES!!  :bananalama:

Last edited by a moderator:
I did matching convertible dresses for all the bridesmaids, MOH included. It was this dress in the taupe color: https://www.lulus.com/products/tricks-of-the-trade-taupe-maxi-dress/168018.html

I'm pretty sure they all liked it. At least, no one complained!

My MOH wondered if she was getting a different dress too, and I was like nah. Haha! The different ways the girls did the tops all looked really good! All four were able to figure out different styles that they liked, morning of the wedding pretty much.

EDIT: Ohhhh, TOPSIES!!  :bananalama:
We were thinking of doing a convertible dress, but she didn't want asymmetrical tops (idk) or something that has a similar top to her wedding dress (off-shoulder/boat neck, which I do get).  Also, me and some of the girls don't really 'fit' with the halter top lifestyle, so we wanted something to kinda cover.  Which would mean we'd potentially all be wearing the same style, pretty much.  I at least was able to convince her to let us pick the dress we'd like, as long as it's floor length + the correct color.  Except now she's thinking of changing her color again, so...idk.

@txjennah PE Yeah.  She was suddenly worried about things photographing well, and I was like, "dude.  As long as the color matches/is in the same family, it'll be fine.  I think her fiance wants all the dresses to match/be the same color.  Real old-school/dated-kinda wedding, but if that's what they like, that's what they like.

But, a better win: patent kitten heels in nude to match the dress (it's going to be a purple color).  Also, the bridal shower is now a couples shower, so I'm getting the groomsmen involved to help with expenses and other stuff.  Which could also help with planning.

I gave my bridesmaids a color palette, a Pinterest board of styles/inspiration, and then told them to wear whatever dress they wanted in that palette/style. One feels more comfortable in dressy pants, so she did that instead. It was great and ~photographed well~, and I’m hoping they all chose pieces they can wear again.
Awesome idea. Not sure what will be in when my girls get married (although one will probably never get married). 

Recovering from a cook-a-thon extravaganza. I was on my feet cooking for 6 hours straight yesterday and I even did some prep work the night before. 

I am an engineer who loves art, music, and theater. Trying to engage my daughter. She keeps asking me about the set design on The Wiz.  Even said “oh no! The columns are moving! The whole thing is going to elapse (she meant collapse)!”

I’m annoyed and impressed at the same time .

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back