October 2019 15k SPAM Thread

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
So it sounds like I will be getting an “understudy” pretty soon. Any advice on how to be a good engineering mentor?
Make yourself available to them outside to talk about anything and everything, not just work stuff. Make an effort to connect with them on a regular basis. Value the mentorship and prove that you value it by making dedicated time to meet with your mentee. Regular check-ins, even if they're short, would be a good thing to establish early on.

Make yourself available to them outside to talk about anything and everything, not just work stuff. Make an effort to connect with them on a regular basis. Value the mentorship and prove that you value it by making dedicated time to meet with your mentee. Regular check-ins, even if they're short, would be a good thing to establish early on.
Thanks! I’ve seen other orgs try to establish check ins by going and getting coffee or lunch or something once in a while. It’s definitely not a thing at my workplace, but maybe I can change that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back