October 2019 15k SPAM Thread

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Try oxtail if they have it. We make them in the slow cooker...but we love them too much to wait it out. lol We just stop by our favorite Jamaican spots to pick some up a few times a month. 

I prefer curry goat over curry chicken. I like curry chicken with roti though. Comfort food.
I'll look for it. I think she's had it as a special a few times, noticed it on social media. 

I felt like I had to say all of that because you'll get some people who were born in Jamaica, and moved to America when they were 2 or even 10. They didn't really engage in the native culture like that... but they claim it harder than someone who was immersed in the culture.
I can totally relate. I was born in Italy but moved to the states when I was just a baby.  So while my mom brought many aspects of that culture to our household growing up, I can't really act like I'm a native when I haven't even been able to spend much time there.  Definitely two parts of my identity that I've wrestled with.

I can at least speak from authority when I say Olive Garden is garbage :D

I can totally relate. I was born in Italy but moved to the states when I was just a baby.  So while my mom brought many aspects of that culture to our household growing up, I can't really act like I'm a native when I haven't even been able to spend much time there.  Definitely two parts of my identity that I've wrestled with.

I can at least speak from authority when I say Olive Garden is garbage :D
Cool! I'd still say you're real Italian and not EYE-talian.

I'm in between you and @leggo PE lol. I try to cook things we'll both eat (&vice versa). He'll eat aspargus but he's not like "omgosh asparagus!". But if I only made things he was "omogsh!" about, we'd eat almost no veggies. So... 
I guess my husband and I are fairly lucky. We both don't mind eating less meat, though we're definitely not vegetarians. We have some really good veggie meals we make on the regular, and I've started to get more into my veggie friendly and veggie forward cookbooks (Oh She Glows, Love Real Food, and Dining In are my current fave's).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back