October 2019 15k SPAM Thread

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Wow, looks like I stepped out for lunch a little too early. Glad we got 2k.

Last edited by a moderator:
Got to the office and got a thank you for staying a bit late to send something out yesterday, too. That was really nice to hear. I don't feel like the engineering industry (at least the structural one) is very good at thanking people, on a whole.

Got to the office and got a thank you for staying a bit late to send something out yesterday, too. That was really nice to hear. I don't feel like the engineering industry (at least the structural one) is very good at thanking people, on a whole.
Certainly an accurate assessment of control systems engineers. Whenever ANYTHING goes wrong, we get the blame. We also get little to no credit for all the hard work and prep we go into to make a system work correctly.

Certainly an accurate assessment of control systems engineers. Whenever ANYTHING goes wrong, we get the blame. We also get little to no credit for all the hard work and prep we go into to make a system work correctly.
100% agree, I got the same when I was in the controls biz. Makes sense though, you're the last in line to touch the project, AND you're supposed to integrate everything, AND all the other disciplines have already used up all the float in the project schedule.

100% agree, I got the same when I was in the controls biz. Makes sense though, you're the last in line to touch the project, AND you're supposed to integrate everything, AND all the other disciplines have already used up all the float in the project schedule.
Precisely. We're supposed to have a whole block of time to test our stuff before actually running, but that rarely works out in practice.

For me though, that motivates me to be as prepared as possible.

Precisely. We're supposed to have a whole block of time to test our stuff before actually running, but that rarely works out in practice.

For me though, that motivates me to be as prepared as possible.
Boyfriend says this often too. And then bitches about engineers to me (he isn't an engineer)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back