October 2017 15K, or get Matt267 PE banned, SPAM thread

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
We are supposed to be teaching this guy not to do that crap, but he just loves to bite and scratch.  We are going to get fired from being foster parents.
Oh, gotcha. I forgot you were fostering! What a nice thing of you to do. I could never foster; I'd want to keep them all!

We got our dude at 6 months of age, and he'd only been in the shelter for a few days when we picked him out. It was a pretty quick transition from street to shelter to apartment life for him, and my fiancé and I can definitely see that bin his personality. Six months (presumably) on the street teaches a cat a lot of different things!

For instance, he definitely gets that there's an outside world. I mean, heck, he was living in for who knows how long! 

Hahahaha! They totally are. On a related note...

My fiancé threatened to lock ours in the bathroom the other day, to teach him a lesson. I tried to explain to him that it probably wouldn't work, because I don't think cats have the same sentient ability to understand why they were put in a timeout in the first place, let alone what a timeout even is, as humans do.

Mine just gets put in the kennel when I get tired of plucking him off he couch.  Then he's good again until he gets ramped back up.  He is so funny though, he's tiny (7 weeks-ish?) and my friend loaned us a 3ft tall cat tree.  He climbs up it and back down it, because he jumped off  time and hurt his leg.

Hahahaha! They totally are. On a related note...

My fiancé threatened to lock ours in the bathroom the other day, to teach him a lesson. I tried to explain to him that it probably wouldn't work, because I don't think cats have the same sentient ability to understand why they were put in a timeout in the first place, let alone what a timeout even is, as humans do.
It is debatable at times if humans have this ability.  At least my humans.

My cats know to calm Tf down if I lock them out of my room at night. I think they can learn. Locking them in vs out though might be a special story.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

My cats know to calm Tf down if I lock them out of my room at night. I think they can learn. Locking them in vs out though might be a special story.

The problem with this strategy in our apartment is that the bathroom (where his litter box is) is off of our bedroom. So we can't really just leave him in the living room. He'd probably scratch the heck out of the door, too.

This little orange dude has a penchant for really, really trying to claw open sliding doors starting right around bedtime as well as through the later, but still early, morning hours. 

Ahhh cats. It makes me miss our old cat, though I know it's not fair to compare one cat to another! Still, our old cat was awesome. Although, it's entirely possible I have just blacked out all the bad memories from when he was a kitten.

The problem with this strategy in our apartment is that the bathroom (where his litter box is) is off of our bedroom. So we can't really just leave him in the living room. He'd probably scratch the heck out of the door, too.

This little orange dude has a penchant for really, really trying to claw open sliding doors starting right around bedtime as well as through the later, but still early, morning hours. 

Ahhh cats. It makes me miss our old cat, though I know it's not fair to compare one cat to another! Still, our old cat was awesome. Although, it's entirely possible I have just blacked out all the bad memories from when he was a kitten.
You have an orange cat?  I love orange cats.

One of my babies
302236950178a0845bc06851f08dae7d.jpg

I believe they market it as "orange chicken"

I honestly don't have a ton of pictures of this guy (his name is Pluto) because he's pretty much always running around... But, here he is:

Pluto.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back