October 2016 Spam-athon Thread

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
So much for that early release.  Still at work, but heading home soon.  Enjoy the weekend, everyone!

It's only 7:00? What the hell. I'm tired.

wanna look at this wall that the client wants to cut a hole in for me?
I'm assuming masonry on single story. Just design it with RC columns and beam. 3" deep per ft of spam, max. reinforcement ratio and you're good to go. Then ask for Additional Services for "value engineering" if they want to go smaller.

Museum fund raiser tonight. Beer and wine included!!! They are going to be sorry for that!

6 hours ago, thejulie said: wanna look at this wall that the client wants to cut a hole in for me?
I'm assuming masonry on single story. Just design it with RC columns and beam. 3" deep per ft of spam, max. reinforcement ratio and you're good to go. Then ask for Additional Services for "value engineering" if they want to go smaller.
Oh it's reinforced concrete shearwall on new construction that has already been poured and the deep foundation is directly under the end of the wall, which the end of the shearwall will be moving so I have to check the effect on the torsion of the entire structure, make sure there is still enough shearwall, and check the grade beam for the force from wall overturning. Rude.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

So I did the Ethiopian!

5073aeb536b6627adea5f4ce3300975d.jpg

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back